Forum Sponsors

http://www.elwyns.com/

www.inshutters.co.uk

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageWhat do you all do in the school holidays?
Posted by Rj85 March 21, 01:11PM

My eldest is starting school in September and while the school has after and before school care I don't know what most parents do in the holidays! Is this something I need to book now (am I too late...?!) Would really appreciate people's experiences and how they manage.

messageRe: What do you all do in the school holidays?
Posted by Pugwash March 21, 04:29PM

In the summer holidays there are various holiday clubs for the 5 - 11 year olds which are open generally from 8 - 6 pm.
Gumboots After School club have a 4 week summer holiday club at the East Dulwich Community Centre. Make contact with the club (who meet from school closure time until 6 ish term time only) to get details of dates and costs.

Posted by Monkey March 21, 08:23PM

There are lots of clubs (Dulwich college, jags but also nimble arts etc...) during all holidays except perhaps Christmas(when there are some but not as many) . These clubs donít cover inset days so make sure you keep holidays for those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 21, 10:09pm by Monkey.

Posted by goldilocks March 22, 08:09AM

Also to flag that for some reason it seems really hard to find clubs running in the last week of the summer holidays, so maybe make sure you have enough holiday to cover that one too. There are a couple, but there is much more choice for the first four weeks or so.

Posted by teddyboy23 March 22, 04:47PM

Sleep

Posted by womanofdulwich March 22, 06:49PM

Sad to say you phone the grandparents and offer up your children to them for a week each set. Then you take 2 weeks holiday and then your partner takes 2 weeks holiday. Weeks covered....

Posted by MrsSandman November 26, 03:52PM

You can always leave them with your friends or a nanny if you want to. Or send the kids away for a period of time with a person you trust like your mother or their favorite aunt. Itís what I did this summer. I sent them off to the Suffolk for a few weeks. Have to say they enjoyed themselves immensely. And it wasnít even that expensive.The holiday homes are a good choice in the comfort/price equation. In the end I managed to do my work, my children had an amazing vacation with their Nan and everyone was happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was november 28, 09:07am by MrsSandman.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum