Forum Sponsors

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

All Round Renovation

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageUnknown Low Frequency Boiler/Bass Noise
Posted by OLori 21 December, 2019 18:29

I wish someone could solve a massive mystery. I live on Adys Road and for the last 2 months we've been hearing a low frequency noise, that sounds like it could be the bass of music, or a failing boiler or potentially the reverberations of something else, trains perhaps.

It's a real nuisance and it comes on everyday, in the morning, evening and sometimes in the early morning. It's currently on as I type.

If anyone has clues what this could be, or if its even council related, please get in touch.

It's literally like slow torture! sad smiley

messageRe: Unknown Low Frequency Boiler/Bass Noise
Posted by HK 21 December, 2019 19:39

Iíve heard the same noise - mainly in the evening for around an hour. Itís a bass that vibrates the windows of our house (we live on Townley Road). It was so loud one evening this week that I reported to Southwark - although without knowing where it is coming from there is little they can do.

Posted by OLori 21 December, 2019 20:19

Hi,

Thanks for replying. This is unreal that you are also hearing this noise. I'm going to call them on Monday as well, as this is the type of thing that can drive you from your own property.

If anything further unfolds, I'll be sure to let you know!

Posted by Jules20 22 December, 2019 12:04

We had this this morning and one other time that Iíve noticed. Our boiler started to reverberate for a couple of minutes then stopped.very strange.

Posted by OLori 22 December, 2019 13:35

Jules20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had this this morning and one other time that
> Iíve noticed. Our boiler started to reverberate
> for a couple of minutes then stopped.very strange.

Hi,

So the noise is noticeable to you. That's good to know, just in case this noise is coming from someones home, they should at least know.

It's awful.

No more working from home until it's sorted!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum