Reiki now offered at The Dulwich Touch

aloued

Hi,

I have been a local Massage Therapist (in Dulwich Village) for nearly 4 years now (search aloued for recommendations etc)and having completed Reiki level 2 last year I am now offering Reiki as a stand alone treatment, or incorporated into a massage.

My website: thedulwichtouch.co.uk has lots of information about me- including a new blog: http://blog.thedulwichtouch.co.uk

Please contact me by email, on 07800 636266 or PM me for bookings.

What is Reiki?

Reiki is an ancient healing system first developed in Japan by Dr. Mikao Usui around 1920. Translated from Japanese it means: Universal Life Energy, Rei meaning God or light, the source of all life and Ki meaning the life that animates all that is. It is the fundamental life force we require on all levels- physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, to balance our health in all areas. It has no religious affiliation nor is it based on dogma or faith; it is simply based on belief that the human body and the human mind is not all that there is.

In Reiki healing, illness is seen as a lack of balance in the energy system or a separation from the oneness of creation. This separation is enhanced by the Western tradition of always looking outside ourselves for comfort and for love when the reality is that if we look inside we will find all that we need.

During a treatment the client remains fully clothed and is asked to close their eyes and breath deeply. Reiki is directed by the healer, through the palms of their hands using very gentle touch in some places, and no touch at all in others. The treatment is deeply relaxing and some clients experience a feeling of heat (or cold) penetrating their body, seeing colours or other visual images, some may have involuntary twitches as blockages are released and some clients experience other methods of release such as laughing or crying as the emotions they have been holding on to are let go. Blockages in our energetic field can be caused by any kind of worry or tension, from pain we have experienced in the past and haven?t let go of, or pain we are currently experiencing. These blockages can manifest themselves in illness or dis-ease, a lack of continuity and balance in our bodies, minds and spirits.

Reiki has been used on all kinds of illness and disease, and can have very profound effects. Reiki can be used to treat pretty much any disorder, including:

Stress reduction, depression, anxiety

Emotional balancing, self-esteem, mental clarity

Fatigue, problems sleeping

Pain reduction or elimination,

Making or handling changes in your life

Relationship problems

Trauma, grief

Sexual/physical/emotional abuse

Living with chronic conditions

Arthritis, Migraines, Asthma, Skin conditions, Flu/Colds, Back problems,

It is balancing for the whole person, creates a feeling of well-being and it accelerates the body?s self-healing abilities. It can be used alongside conventional medicine to speed up the healing process and decrease anxiety.