recommendation - fantastic builder

I would like to recommend will from prestige property services once again,

I have recommended him before for a complete refurb to my house including kitchen bathroom painting fencing patio etc. I have also pm'd many people recommending him too. this time he has just turned our ensuite into a wet room and has done such a wonderful job. I am very pleased with the outcome. I very highly recommend him, very reliable, trustworthy and very good on prices.

please private message me if you would like his details

jules

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I was one of the people Julie recommended Will to, and I had a terrible experience.

We asked him to refit a bathroom, and he provided an excellent quote. However, he then sent someone else in to do the work - who made a complete hash of it.

When called to question about a long list of problems, Will refused to finish the job, or even to meet with me to discuss it.

We have since been to considerable expense to put things right. We have employed someone else (see my separate thread highly recommending Lee Barber) who, when investigating the work done by Will and his employee, found a mountain of rubbish under the new bath, along with a rotten wooden frame than was meant to support the bath, and every single plumbing joint was leaking. Some weren't even connected, so when the bath emptied, the water just sat on the floor underneath it!

I could go on to list a lot of other problems left by Will and his employee, but suffice to say that we endured a terrible experience, and wouldn't go near him with a barge pole in future.

DulwichJulie, why ask for a PM when you have posted their contact details numerous times before on the Forum? Seems a bit odd.

Incidentally, if you search for posts by 'lauracourtlane', who also says Prestige Property Services refurbished 'her' house, you will find 'laura' repeatedly recommending them but then posting a message titled "work for the right person" asking "does anybody have their own van and tools from all trades and currently looking for some work. please get in touch via private message" http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1145785,1145785#msg-1145785

If you are apparently in the building trade and offering work, why would you get someone else to refurbish your house and then go out of your way to recommend them? Again, seems a bit odd.

Jay Gentel's company is Prestige [email protected] ... so Will is from a different company with a similar name but doesn't seem to provide the same standard of work. It sounds to me like William may be trying to get some work based on Jay Gentel's company reputation which has lots of positive reviews from different customers on the forum