Pirate bay

Two answers to 'safe'.

1) If you have an Apple computer, it cannot be damaged by downloading a rogue file. Windows is much more vulnerable.

2) There is a very remote possibility that if you did this a lot, you might receive a warning from your Internet Service Provider.

Note: many ISPs block the main Pirate Bay site (but there are ways around this).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Hug Francis, I only have a laptop with windows - it would be a one off- my other alternative is to borrow the cd , but I think it may be protected and i would be unable to copy it-( a 20 mile round trip) may be there is a way around that and that is a safer option? please Pm me if you have any other ideas ( such as ways around getting to pirate bay which appears blocked ). Thanking you.

Apple computers are not immune to virus attacks, there are less programs being written as the target audience is smaller.

Illegal file sharers are a savvy bunch and receiving files from an unknown source is foolhardy, if they are clever enough to get past the restrictions, then they are equally as clever to add something undesirable.

Try Amazon and get yourself a legit copy

PPS it's virtually impossible to shut down the Pirate bay as they use proxies and that makes locating the original server very difficult.

RC, much of the content on Pirate Bay is perfectly safe. The people putting out these torrents see themselves as rebels of sorts. They are not hackers, have no desire to mess up anyone's computer - just to share content.

Attempts by authorities to prosecute are pretty much futile too. Programs like hide IP and Peer Blocker make detection of the worst offenders impossible too.

That's where sites like Netflix and Spotify have made headway. There is a market for instant download/ view of latest releases. I myself subscribe to Netflix. Had other producers of content not been so slow to embrace internet traffic and reduce costs, things like P2P servers would never have gained the foothold they have.

pps Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> they was in based in canada and did indeed have

> all the masts and stuff taken by a team set up to

> shut these site down that was about 4 years ago

What did they use the masts for?