East Dulwich glamorous nails

My daughter and grandson treated me to a voucher from glamorous nails in East Dulwich branch,for a pedicure and manicure shellac,which I had for my holiday,but the next day at the airport I was reading a newspaper,and found the tips on every nail black,I went straight to the ladies to wash them out, but it would not clean out,had to go to the airport boots to file it down, but that didn't not improve it was far to deep.( photo enclosed is after doing all that). As soon as I got to my hotel destination I had to find a nail shop to have them removed, the sight of them made me feel so awful and such a mess.i got a receipt to prove that I had to have them removed 2 days after them doing it... When I got back myself and my daughter went to the shop to show them the photos and prove of receipt, but the lady who is near the phone was so rude, and said it was because I had a light colour,which is rubbish,so I went in 2 different nail shops showed them the photos, and they said it was because the tips was not blended in. I emailed the photos to glamorous nails with the photos and complaint again,and I got a phone call from them with the same rude attitude. Be aware of having shellac done .obviously the young boy that did mine cannot do shellac... I will never go back there again.

Hi Ann. I understand and i am sorry that you were very upset because your nails got stained from newspaper. As I explained to your daughter, anyone who has had shellac done before knows that shellac gel is cured by ultraviolet light therefore once applied it will stick to your nails and last up to 2-3 weeks. It is different from acrylic which if not applied properly it can be lifted from the nail tips. So anyone who said the tips are not blended in either does not know what they are talking about or just said it to steer trouble. You have come to us a few times and you have always had acrylic pink and white done and you cannot fault our service. This was the first time you had shellac with us. The stain was not our fault but from the newspaper that you read. I was not rude to your daughter but instead offered you a free treatment but she declined so I am sorry that she did not accepted our offer.

Hi, the lady was rude and very ignorant,,,obviously don't see your own manner,,, infact I have had shellac done in there before, that was my 3rd time actually,,,,and the first time that as ever happened,,, it does not matters what that is done with ,it is who did it,which obviously the young man cannot do properly.. And those 2 feedback I got ,is right, because I googled a video of how to apply shellac and another important thing was to do on that was to paint the polish around on tips, which I know for a fact he didn't do, he only painted down wards, which you do on nail polish and shellac but with shellac go along the edge, you are trying to get out the fact of the useless job,as you say it lasts 3 weeks mine was 2 days, what a waste of money and time, and most important how awful it made me feel,on my holiday,and had to pay to remove them on day 2,,and as for your offer wowwwww it was a manicure,not a refund of the extra on the shellac I had to pay for,I also ended up with shorter nails trying myself at the airport to get rid off the black print,,,,you can see in the photo the print was caught in the tips between my natural nail and the shellac... that's why I enclosed the photo on this, to prove the damage it caused,my daughter paid as a gift and I pay on day 2 for a bad job to be removed,,,,you should only let your staff do shellac if they know how to apply that, because it is not a normal nail varnish,and not as cheap to have either,on this I do fault your service, what do you expect,as for the remark the 2 feed backs I got is they don't know what there saying or trying to steer trouble, your pathetic because they was telling me the same thing, and you should have seen yourself the tips was not done as it should , and they don't know me or the shop.but the lady was to rude and ignorant to look and focus on the photo.

I have looked and inspect the photo carefully before I made my decision. The stained was clearly black on top of the nails. On the common sense the ink on the newspapper is dry ink not wet ink so even if the tip was not sealed it could not get in between the nails and shellac. All my staffs are fully trained with NVQ qualification. I can see that you are getting very rude so I will say no more.

Yes I am getting rude, because you are making pathetic excuses, and YOU was rude and ignorant to myself and my daughter.,,might be trained but rubbish at that thou,,,,well on me he was...I needed to make a point, because that is what happened,which shouldn't have, especially reading a newspaper,,,,

Peckhampam so did we until this situation always went there for pedicures and my mum the same, glamorous nails a offer of a refund was all I was asking you for as that was a waste of my money and was a gift from my son.

Tash b. Our policy was no refund but i would have offer a free shellac treatment again if you had gone to us and said we just had it done and it got stained from newspaper instead of blaming on us and said the ink went in between the nails and the shellac because we did a rubbish job and threaten us to post it on east Dulwich forum. I spoke to you and you know that I was not rude to you nor your mother but camly explain it to you and offer you a treatment. You should have stated what you want after my offer before threatened me. My number is 07843573038 call me if you take my offer on the free shellac treatment.

Glamorous nails u know for a fact that my mum was away in Thailand after having it done and we visited you in the shop as soon as she got back you saw the receipt of having them removed 2 days after in Thailand, when we spoke on the phone you offered me a manicure I refused because I never have manicures and my mum only has them when she has the shellac I explained that to you on the phone. All I can say is when you have shellac done don't touch a newspaper says glamorous nails lol never heard so much rubbish in all my life.

Excuse me now you are lying I did not threaten you at all on the phone and I did ask for money back like you said above no refunds which you told me on the phone so I did ask you for what I wanted and you refused and we did come to you as soon as my mum got back from her holiday and you know that, now I am annoyed as you are a business and you are accusing me of being rude and threatening you when we ended the telephone conversation I told you I will let my mum know what you are offering and ended the call ok

Oh my god, I can't believe what your saying, what a lier you are, and supposed to run a bliss ness, well the boss should be ashamed of you, my daughters comment is so true, like she said, we did come to you the day after I got back, and showed you everything, but like I say you was to rude and ignorant to look. As for threatening what a load of rubbish,I am so shocked ,and so annoyed that you lie.... Just goes to show you are more pathetic at the excuses now, what a liar you are.....I find this funny now,as I've seen the other side of a business woman trying sooooo hard to get out of this useless job they did on me....PATHETIC....oh pleaseeee Don't comment with a lie on Dulwich forum

now I will be rude you know where you can stick your offer now, you are a liar and you was rude when we came into the shop now off you go and run your business maybe take up a course of customer service while your at it as well

lol fonread, agreed.

So let me get this right. Customer goes for a nail treatment. Something goes wrong with the treatment. The treatment provider offers a full refund or another treatment for free (without assuming liability). Seems perfectly reasonable to me and pretty standard.

If someone offers to put the problem right, and you decline, then you have no case really.

That should not have happened in the first place if it was done correctly,, and the fact was I was on my way for my holiday,also the lady was so rude and would not accept the problem,this is why I've put in on this. Because they dealt with it so wrong,,,, and we had to chase them up that's why I got offered a manicure, big deal with there attitude in the first place.and there lying on this...

fonread Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice digits.

>

> I rather like the subtle black edging - it adds a

> certain Pete Dohertyness to proceedings.

What a rip off, you can get that look for nothing, it's called gardening...

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Think Glamorous nails come away from this better.

Agreed. The two complaining strike me as overly aggressive.

I always find it pretty low that people use a public forum to try and ruin a business because of a small incident that can easily be resolved privately. Things go wrong, and most of the time it's no big deal.

I've always had good to great manicures from Glam. But this Saturday was an exception and I had my first poor manicure (cuticles barely touched, mediocre shaping, sloppy polish). I took the polish off at home and attempted to sort them myself. However, I am a fan and will follow these rules:

1. try to get one of the ladies.

2. avoid Saturdays as they're rushed off their feet. Proof of how popular and good they are, in most cases

3. always keep your manicure and pedicure appointments separate. You may not the best manicure sat in the pedicure chair

4. book pedicure long before closing. I once had a rushed and mediocre pedicure as the chap was desperate to leave early (it was a while ago though)

But, they are still my number one choice in the ED area. And given the numbers of ladies and occasionally gentlemen in the salon, they must be doing something right.