The Gentlemen's Construction Company

Harriet2015

Hello

I just wanted to warn the area to not use this company!

I have been told by one of my closest friends a terrible experience she has had with them and the manager.

They didn't work to a high standard, The structure they built was unsafe they took double the deadline and left everything a mess,and still demanded the full price.

On behalf of my friend I would like to warn Dulwich for this House Renovating company and to be careful as the manager was nothing but rude and extremely difficult.

Hope to warn as many of you as possible!!! Don't let him scan you too!!!

Thanks

• 9 months later...

I too have also had a more recent misfortune of dealing with this company. The company 'proprietor' was everything that a competent building contractor should NOT be. Our experiences were every bit as bad as noted within this thread, if not worse.

I speak on behalf of my family and next door neighbour, who have had a similar, recent experience, and are currently in negotiation with TGGC and considering legal action against this company.

Again, please do not use them. My biggest regret of our house refurbishment (and my life) was not spotting the message Harriet2015 posted until far too late.

If anybody would like any further information please PM me as am happy to provide further information.

Are you referring to The Gentleman Construction Company with an 'a' in the gentleman and a company who claim to carry out ?Construction with quality, style & conscience??

If so, I also unfortunately dealt with them in the Summer of 2015 and went through the company TGCC London Limited based out of Tewkesbury Avenue and registered in London Road in N Cheam.

I'd be happy to talk to any other unhappy customers as I know just what you are going through.

Oh no I can't believe DL is still in business. We had him in for some major work in 2013. I could publish a book with amount of email back and forth. Un fathomable arrogance and self aggrandising attitude. He's a one man band who picks up tradesmen from pubs and outside b&q - he told me this. We finally managed to extract him from our home after months of stress and a few grand lost. Had subsequent issues which we shelled out more for. He fell out with his own team - a couple of them who worked with him before said all his jobs end badly. dreadful billing practices and shoddy work. He's not a builder, he's an ex IT guy who is taking a punt. I would've gone to small claims if I ever thought I'd get the money. You won't get a genuine reference from anyone he's done big work for except perhaps the one customer who he's been ripping off for years on worlingham road.

Rupert66 yes that is the same company I am referring to. I would mention the business owner by name but im not sure that's allowed. I'm sorry you and EGL have also had the misfortune of dealing with this company/organisation, the stress and problems we encountered because of that individual seriously impacted my life and my family's well being.I strongly believe people should be aware of this man & should avoid him at all costs.

thanks Rupert66 and EGL for contributing your similar experiences with the rest of us.

thanks also Craigyboy71 for bringing this to life!

Part of me wanted to consign this to history and move on but a stronger part of me now wants to do something about what has happened to us and many others.

there is a lot of anger out there caused by this disreputable company, and my real goal at least will be to try and protect others where possible from falling into the same abyss, by whatever legally acceptable means.

I suggest a meeting at our place (thankfully almost all completed now) to those who wish to take part in this because we have much more a chance of making an impact by forming a collective plan and acting as a group. Also a chance to view first hand more examples of this companies incompetence.(At ours and over the fence at our neighbours)

Will PM details if you reply and express interest to be involved with this. best regards.

tetley08 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rupert66 yes that is the same company I am

> referring to. I would mention the business owner

> by name but im not sure that's allowed.

Company Director info including a correspondence address is a matter of public knowledge, so I can't see any reason why you couldn't name Dominic Lowes.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08095942/officers

Hi All

I haven't had an awful experience with this builder because I haven't used him but I have had terrible experiences with a number of tradesmen. I've made an appointment with my MP because I'm sick of being conned, threatened and abused. I also own buy to let property so I have had more than my fair share of incompetent tradesman. I could live for a year on the money I've given these guys only to have to pay out all over again or just forget about improving my property.

I'm going to discuss poor workmanship with my MP including threats, incompetence, dangerous structures the list is endless. I'm not sure what will come out of the meeting but I'll be discussing a central register for tradespeople with an accreditation process. Also tighten up on tradespeople hiding behind mailing addresses and company dissolution only to start again the next day with a clean slate.

I don't think trading standards does a good enough job to protect the homeowner and with the time, effort and cost involved in taking a tradesman to court it can end up just not worth it. The tradesperson knows this and that's why they continue to trade abysmally for years.

I'd be really grateful if you'd email me with a short summary of the problems you've experienced so that I can use the information in my meeting with my MP. I won't mention any names - either yours or the builders.

my email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Tracey

Has anyone sourced him via www.mybuilder.com? If so, perhaps they could leave reviews as currently he has a positive profile. I found him extremely arrogant and his "full fat latte" quotes are laughable as well as annoying! Based on the reviews above hopefully something can be done.