Little Clipper - Intoxicated Stylist

davidhealy

Today I took my son to the Little Clipper to get his hair cut. I was appalled and shocked to find that the stylist cutting my two year old's hair was intoxicated and smelt heavily of alcohol. The Manager arrived to deal with the issue but by this point said stylist had already cut several children's/infants hair. No parent should ever be put in this sort of position as this is at best outrageous and at worst dangerous.

I can assure you we will not be returning. I would urge other ED customers to exercise caution.

In case the OP is removed again, this is what it says, as I did not use the "quote" button:

"Today I took my son to the Little Clipper to get his hair cut. I was appalled and shocked to find that the stylist cutting my two year old's hair was intoxicated and smelt heavily of alcohol. The Manager arrived to deal with the issue but by this point said stylist had already cut several children's/infants hair. No parent should ever be put in this sort of position as this is at best outrageous and at worst dangerous.

I can assure you we will not be returning. I would urge other ED customers to exercise caution."

I had answered your previous longer post where you said (if memory serves) that this stylist had turned up late and drunk, that the manager was not in the salon at the time and had to be phoned by another stylist who had been working alone up until then, and that you had not paid for the cut.

However, both your post and my post disappeared as I was posting mine.

It's hardly the manager's fault if an employee turns up drunk, unless it had happened before, so I think it's a bit harsh to boycott the place, as surely this person won't be kept on?

What I can't really understand is why you would let a drunk person start/continue to cut your child's hair if you thought it was dangerous, and it bothered you enough that you then posted on here to warn others?

Have I misunderstood?

tallulah71 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If the stylist was that obviously "intoxicated"

> surely the other members of staff would have

> noticed, too. Agree with Sue - if it was that

> obvious, it was your responsibility to halt it.

According to the previous longer post by the OP which was removed, there was one other stylist working alone in the salon at the time when the stylist complained of turned up late and drunk.

The other stylist - presumably not knowing what action to take, and who can blame them - phoned the manager, who then came down to deal with the matter.

What happened then we were not told, except that the OP did not have to pay for his child's cut (so he evidently let the cut start and continue, whilst knowing the stylist was drunk, but then did not pay for it and posted on here to say how dangerous it was).

If memory serves he also dissed the other parents present for not doing anything about the situation, although he did not say that he had done anything about it either, apart from refusing to pay (or possibly the manager said that of course he would not have to pay, how do we know?).

Perhaps he would like to come on here again and let us have the full story.

davidhealy Wrote:

> I think Sue you will find I replied directly to

> the message from Little Clipper

OK, haven't seen it

ETA: Have now. I just thought you might have responded to some of the comments on this thread, but never mind.

tallulah71 Wrote:

> If the stylist was that obviously "intoxicated"

> surely the other members of staff would have

> noticed, too. Agree with Sue - if it was that

> obvious, it was your responsibility to halt it.

Challenging a drunk person who is holding a pair of scissors.....tricky.

I'm wondering how "drunk" this person was:

Was this first thing in the morning? as in smelling of drink from the night before (which some people would define as drunk)

Later in the day but had had a drink at lunchtime

Later in the day and obviously had had quite a few drinks ....

none of the above are ok to be in charge of a pair of scissors but just trying to picture the scene.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> tallulah71 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > If the stylist was that obviously "intoxicated"

> > surely the other members of staff would have

> > noticed, too. Agree with Sue - if it was that

> > obvious, it was your responsibility to halt it.

>

>

> Challenging a drunk person who is holding a pair

> of scissors.....tricky.

>

> I'm wondering how "drunk" this person was:

>

> Was this first thing in the morning? as in

> smelling of drink from the night before (which

> some people would define as drunk)

> Later in the day but had had a drink at lunchtime

>

> Later in the day and obviously had had quite a few

> drinks ....

>

> none of the above are ok to be in charge of a pair

> of scissors but just trying to picture the scene.

So dodgy as different people are effected differently

especially the day after (although I assume they would

all have the same level of alcohol in the blood).

After an Xmas party you see some people who can't function

the day after - whilst some look like perky as ever.

Smelling is about showering/deodorant and clean clothes IMHO.

no excuse unless theres a medical problem.

I'd be a bit upset if someone handling a tool like scissors around my kid was coming across as under the influence (of anything). I'd sort it straight away though, not wait for someone (anyone) to come along and take care of the situation. It's your kid and you gotta look after your kid.

Can't see how the establishment / mgt can be held to account, unless the staff member had been helping themselves to the staff beers chilling in the staff barrel of ice by the staff area.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Can't see how the establishment / mgt can be held

> to account, unless the staff member had been

> helping themselves to the staff beers chilling in

> the staff barrel of ice by the staff area.

No, exactly.

It's clear from the post by the Little Clipper manager on the other thread that it was sorted immediately and the staff member was sacked.

The only way the manager could be held accountable, surely, is if it had happened before and the staff member had been kept on? Which surely would be unlikely in the extreme?

Mmmm, staff drinks. I was a manager (not of a hair salon, obv) in the days when you got a personal drinks cupboard :)) with a selection of spirits etc to offer visitors :))

And it wasn't unusual to go into a colleague's office (in those days you got a separate office too) after lunch and find them, let's say, not capable of working having been out on the razz at lunchtime.

How times have (mostly) changed. Looking back, it's amazing how anything ever got done :))

Ooops, sorry, just realised this isn't in the lounge, sorry admin.