Phone stolen from car wash on Chesterfield Grove

sarahm100

My husband just took the car to be washed and left his phone on the passenger seat by mistake. He went back to retrieve it when he realised, ten minutes later, but it had gone. The police went round there with him but ultimately there is nothing they can do.

He has used this car wash for years so it is really disappointing that this happened. The phone was an old iPhone so he doesn't care about replacing it but we've lost some photos and videos of our baby, taken since it was last updated and of course he will be without a phone while he waits for a replacement, which is so inconvenient.

Just a warning to avoid this business

The guys at the car wash denying taking it Gidget so what can the police do. Just one of those things. I am kicking myself because we got halfway through doing that find my iPhone app last week and didn't set it up properly and if we'd had that it would've tracked the phone - grrr.

• 5 months later...

DO NOT USE THIS CAR WASH!!

My boyfriend and I just took our cars in yesterday - they rifled through our overnight bags and stole my expensive perfume and his equally expensive aftershave. Oddly they didn't take my ipad mini which was in the same bag - I guess that would have been too obvious. It was only when we got home this evening both expecting to find the bottles at home that we realised what had happened. I'm really furious that after a few complaints saying the same things that they are in business still. Surely word of mouth that they are not to be trusted should be enough to close them down. We even tipped them well. Very upsetting.