Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk
xxxx
All Round Renovation

http://avalonkitchens.co.uk/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
messageRe: Extension to ultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars
Posted by natty01295 24 September, 2018 10:07

Bikers Scooter riders
RIOT!!!!!
PROTEST!!!!!

Posted by uncleglen 24 September, 2018 12:05

hopefully it will offset the extra pollution from people illegally burning logs....

messageultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars - BIKERS MUST FIGHT FOR ULEZ EXEMPTION
Posted by natty01295 01 October, 2018 23:10

Bikers / Motorcyclists And scooter riders must Fight against ULEZ
[www.bikerandbike.co.uk]

BIKERS MUST FIGHT FOR ULEZ EXEMPTION

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2018:10:03:22:29:19 by natty01295.

Posted by Willard 02 October, 2018 13:00

This is nuts. Didn't realise this is in the pipe line at all for motorbikes. I have 2005 125cc Suzuki and will now have to sell it and replace it.

Posted by spider69 02 October, 2018 13:26

The ILEZ should only apply to the current congestion zones.

All within the North and South circular roads is madness.

Ill thought out.

Posted by El Presidente 02 October, 2018 13:53

This is one of the most absurd public policy overreactions i've ever seen. Yet it is passing by almost completely unnoticed.

Posted by spider69 02 October, 2018 14:18

Much the same as the original survey. Never knew it was taking place. Certainly never got any information sent.

Posted by micromacromonkey 03 October, 2018 12:33

Had a good laugh at the reasons against in that biker article. Contradictory nonsense. If you have a dirty polluting motorbike, replace it with a clean one, or perhaps ditch the engine completely and pedal.

I live in the ULEZ zone and wholeheartedly support it, even though I'll probably need to sell my diesel car.

Posted by Pugwash 03 October, 2018 14:43

A friend who had a diesel camper van decided to sell recently as was worried that if he waited he would not get a decent price for it. Being pensioners it was their only 'extravagance' and used to have motoring holidays around UK.

Posted by Charles Notice 03 October, 2018 14:52

How many other pensioners will be in the same situation regarding their only "extravagance" due to this ill thought out scheme.

Many will not be able to afford to get a new extravagance.

Inner circular roads should be exempt only the inner city congestion zone should be involved.

Posted by wulfhound 03 October, 2018 15:20

Quote:

A friend who had a diesel camper van decided to sell recently as was worried that if he waited he would not get a decent price for it. Being pensioners it was their only 'extravagance' and used to have motoring holidays around UK.

So they'd pay the charge once on the way out of London on holiday and once on the way back in? Hardly going to break the bank, at least for someone who can afford that kind of a trip in the first place.

messageRe: ultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars - BIKERS MUST FIGHT FOR ULEZ EXEMPTION
Posted by natty01295 06 October, 2018 18:21

Riot!!!!
Protest!!!
Bikers fight against ULEZ

Posted by VerryBerry 06 October, 2018 23:36

Sick of motorists being battered by poor government policy. Best way to reduce emissions would be to put pressure on the industry to make cleaner cars. We saw their response was to fiddle the emissions. This proposal will only serve ad a vanity trick for someone whilst greatly impacting on others. May car would not be liable to the charge but I don't buy into these overly simplistic rhetoric on emissions. We need to push back on these lazy policies and demand effective changes. We still have poor rail, bus and tube connectivity in this area. Ever tried to get from Brenchley gardens to walworth road? Done get me started on the increase to the plastic bag charges. Fake platitudes to be seen to be environmentally friendly.

Posted by Sally Eva 07 October, 2018 07:48

Brenchley gardens to walworth road?

63 to Kings on the Rye traffic lights and then 484 (0ver Dog Kennel Hill) or 12 through camberwell green (and up the Walworth Road).

[tfl.gov.uk] It's by no means perfect but a good place to start. 484 probably the quicker option and probably as fast as a car.

If you are at the other end of Brenchley Gardens then the 484 goes from outside St Anthony's church on Inverton Road.

If you want the E&C end of Walworth Road then the 12 is the better bet because it goes all the way up. so from that end take the 484 to Camberwell Green and then take half a dozen buses which go up the Walworth Road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:10:07:07:51:25 by Sally Eva.

Posted by rendelharris 07 October, 2018 09:41

VerryBerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't buy into these overly
> simplistic rhetoric on emissions

I'm sure the 10,000 people who die prematurely in London each year, and the hundreds of thousands of children growing up with asthma, irreversible lung damage and cognitive impairment, all as a result of pollution, 50% of which comes from motor vehicles, would rather not buy into it too. But the only way they can stop doing that is by stopping breathing.

Posted by James Barber 08 October, 2018 12:44

The cost of motoring is below the cost of living increases as per the Royal Automobile Club -[www.racfoundation.org]
So in real terms it has become cheaper to own and drive a motor vehicle. This is absolutely crazy for air pollution, climate change, etc reasons.
It can not be right that we allow a public health crisis to continue to ensure motoring in real terms keeps getting cheaper and cheaper.
I'm in favour of the ULEZ and it extending as far as the north and south circular. I want my kids to breath cleaner air. I want to reduce my risk of pulmonary and other health problems by being able to breath cleaner air.

--------------------
Regards jamesvbarber@gmail.com
former Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward (2006-2018)
[www.jamesbarber.org.uk]
[twitter.com]

Posted by malumbu 08 October, 2018 14:22

Motorists have their part to play. I do, you can too. Unnecessary journeys. Overweight and over powered cars. Low occupancy (a car designed for four or five will usually only have one or two in it). Sitting on the side of the road idling. Racing up to the humps, banging the brakes on, foot to the ground until the next. And that is just the police! Private motorists even worse. We are failing to meet our carbon targets. We are failing to meet air quality standards. The market it failing too manufacturers maximise profits and sell vehicles accordingly as part of a lifestyle SUV anyone? Too easy to blame governments when we have a role. That said motorists are allowed to drive how we want, when we want, what we want and where we want and our elected representatives should act. Yet after the 2000 fuel protests (unholy alliance of farmers and hauliers), the main political parties see this as a vote loser. Forget Brexit, a political consensus on the environment is far more valuable. The ULEZ at least is a start. Joined-up congestion management, and a holistic view to mobility, at a local authority level would be great too. Over to you James

messageRe: ultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars - BIKERS MUST FIGHT FOR ULEZ EXEMPTION
Posted by micromacromonkey 08 October, 2018 20:54

Some posters above are suggesting that being able to drive a car (or other petrol/diesel vehicle) is some sort of basic human right, where it most definitely is not.

Posted by rendelharris 08 October, 2018 22:35

micromacromonkey Wrote:
> Some posters above are suggesting that being able
> to drive a car (or other petrol/diesel vehicle) is
> some sort of basic human right, where it most
> definitely is not.

You, sir or madam, have banged the nail most squarely on the head and entitled yourself to a cigar or a coconut, according to choice.

Posted by natty01295 08 October, 2018 23:46

This is BIKERS, SCOOTER RIDERS

messageRe: ultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars
Posted by rendelharris 09 October, 2018 08:13

natty01295 Wrote:
> This is BIKERS, SCOOTER RIDERS

No it isn't, this thread was started as a general thread about the ULEZ, not just your monomanaical (and wrong headed) ranting about scooters and motorcycles.

Posted by uncleglen 09 October, 2018 08:47

It will be interesting to see whether it has any impact though....

[www.chatr.org.uk]

At least we won't have to pay the EU fine for breaching air pollution levels any more

Posted by rendelharris 09 October, 2018 10:13

uncleglen Wrote:
> It will be interesting to see whether it has any
> impact though....
>
> [www.chatr.org.uk]
> es/pollution/106-heathrow-pollution-killing-me-sof
> tly
>
> At least we won't have to pay the EU fine for
> breaching air pollution levels any more

Oh super, we'll be allowed to get on with slowly poisoning ourselves to death without any of those interfering Johnny foreigners telling us it's a bad idea. Won't that be just peachy?

Posted by malumbu 09 October, 2018 12:47

Michael Gove wants to outdo Johnny Foreigner by having even better environmental standards. Probably not very favourable to his Brexiteer colleagues who want British business to have the right to cut costs on environmental protection, workforce costs and protections etc. Our own Supreme Court has ordered us to sort out air quality. Brussels is very slow on imposing fines, so we will probably have rejoined by the time they get their act together.

messageRe: ultra-low emission zone to north/south circulars
Posted by natty01295 09 October, 2018 13:00

rendelharris Wrote:
> natty01295 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is BIKERS, SCOOTER RIDERS
>
> No it isn't, this thread was started as a general
> thread about the ULEZ, not just your monomanaical
> (and wrong headed) ranting about scooters and
> motorcycles.

Well my Subject is about ***Motorcycles And MotorScooter riders ****

[www.visordown.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:10:12:22:17:06 by natty01295.

Posted by natty01295 February 02, 07:04PM

FIGHT THIS

Posted by natty01295 February 04, 01:18AM

Yes, Fight this

Posted by micromacromonkey February 04, 12:06PM

natty01295 Wrote:
> Yes, Fight this

You seem very angry. All those PM 2.5s from 2-stroke pollution machines might be causing it.

Posted by natty01295 February 04, 02:06PM

(** 4 Stroke is Better ** - than 2 Stroke)

its unfair for Motor-bikers / Scooter riders Moped Riders
All this crime rate !!!
and there are not many Motorcyclists on the road, They should be EXEMPT from ULEZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 05, 04:24pm by natty01295.

Posted by natty01295 February 07, 04:38PM

Please comment on this

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum