My dog and husband attacked and bitten by the 2 scotty dogs in Dulwich Park today

My husband was attacked by 2 small black (Scotty?) dogs in Dulwich Park this Sunday lunchtime. The 2 dogs were with a woman and several small children. My husband picked up our dog to prevent them biting him and in the process he was bitten himself on the leg . Please see attached photo . Please be aware that these dogs may not be friendly to other dogs.

Dog bites are filthy things - they should always be treated at an A&E where antibiotics are available - dogs mouths are vectors for a range of nasties (and if you're bitten through clothing that will push further unpleasantness into the blood stream). Puppies will nip, on occasion, and they can be forgiven for that, but adult dogs that bite, unless themselves attacked, should be considered for euthanasia. There is no excuse for having a biting dog in public (guard dogs and farm dogs may be a different case).

We had retired greyhounds in the past and although they would not bit people, they would sometimes take a nip at other animals, so to protect other dogs and cats, the dogs were not allowed out without muzzles. It is better to be safe than sorry.

This case is horrible and goes beyond the boundaries of normal perception. But how can we all protect ourselves from aggressive dogs? Or maybe it's a lack of laws and the owners of dogs look badly at their pets? I had a bad experience with stray dogs a few years ago when I was studying at Illinois State University. Three dogs appeared on campus and they behaved aggressively. The campus administration notified the teachers and students, I did not know about it and extended my hand with the food to these dogs. I remember the rest already vaguely. When a doctor put me the brackets, I did not feel pain. It was not very painful when the brackets were removed and when the cast was removed also. After this incident, I always had an electric torch flashlight in my purse or a can of pepper spray. It is also described in the pepper bowl (a flashlight-stun gun and pepper spray can legally be bought in Illinois on the Internet). The main thing isn't the power of the stun gun, but hissing and crackling. From such sounds, dogs necessarily run up. My friend, a physicist, said that he recorded thunder on the smartphone and the dogs ran off when he turned on the mobile phone. After my move to London, I cannot wear a pepper canister or an electric torch flashlight in my purse (it's breaking the law %-(( ). My husband recorded sounds of thunder and stun gun on my smartphone (Google knows) and brought it into one red button for my safety. I already included these sounds in the park and the dog ran away from me a year ago. Maybe the dog was not very aggressive, but it barked so loudly that I felt cold in the chest and it was scary. The sounds of a stun gun on a smartphone and turn it on you may if you don't like the dog?s behavior. The dogs will not be harmed by such sounds, as these sounds only frighten the dogs %-). They always remember thunder and thunderstorms!