Forum Sponsors

http://www.elwyns.com/

All Round Renovation

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageBurned out scooter - near Landells Rd
Posted by Banzai 27 August, 2019 09:59

Someone pushed a scooter up an access road near the Landells/Underhill junction and set it alight late on Sunday night.

A fence panel on one side of the access road caught fire too, fortunately the fire brigade turned up quickly and put it out before the whole fence went up - it could have been a much nastier incident.

Can anyone advise on who might remove the debris? Not sure who owns the access road, which complicates things. I've reported it to Southwark Council as an abandoned vehicle, and also reported it to the police.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:08:27:10:34:57 by Banzai.

messageRe: Burned out scooter - near Landells Rd
Posted by thejournalist 23 September, 2019 12:26

This was mine. Stolen while I was on holiday. My insurance company removed and disposed of it, but the extortionate excess meant not worth claiming and now I'm high risk in their eyes, so... double victim. I'm seriously considering moving out of ED after years of 'low level' thefts and vandalism.

Posted by stepdown 23 September, 2019 17:23

Sorry to hear that, how did your insurance company end up getting involved, did the council/police contact them?

Posted by Banzai 23 September, 2019 18:14

I contacted Southwark Council and requested they remove it, a neighbour told me they did this one day, though I didn't see them take it.

Posted by thejournalist 24 September, 2019 17:48

I told my insurance where it was, thanks to Banzai's original post, and they sent a third party company to collect it and assess 'market value' and make an offer. I assumed, wrongly, I'd get what I paid for it. Thanks for you sympathy stepdown. I guess it could be worse... I could be a Thomas Cook employee!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum