Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

http://avakitchens.co.uk

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageChristmas tree collection 2020
Posted by Penguin68 January 07, 12:27PM

My Veolia mole has told me that, this morning, it was decided to collect all trees left out and not just those left out by those who pay for garden waste. He also tells me the number of trees this year seems a record, some houses have several!

messageRe: Christmas tree collection 2020
Posted by edcam January 07, 12:40PM

They were out collecting round Camberwell this morning. We'd already chopped ours up and put it in the brown bin.

Posted by Nigello January 07, 12:52PM

Is the rule to leave them out on the pavement? Easier for the binmen but not for some pedestrians. Glad the council's not applying the letter of the law. Mulch galore!

Posted by Penguin68 January 07, 01:13PM

It would be courteous only to put them out on your collection day, rather than prematurely littering the streets with desiccated trees which can blow about, but otherwise on the pavement, I suppose, or just inside your front gate if you have one. Obviously the bin-men must be able to judge they are out for collection and disposal. The council determining to charge for regular garden waste collection does not stop them making additional special collections (such as Xmas trees) whilst staying within their own regulations (not law!).

Posted by hammerman January 07, 11:47PM

I suppose that collection of Christmas trees that people are all too ready to dispose of as soon as Christmas is over is the least of Southwark's problems.

There is a huge problem in Southwark around fly tipping which they are trying to stay on top of.

Posted by edcam January 10, 11:34AM

They generally don't collect Christmas trees on the usual collection day. It isn't the usual bin men/refuse trucks but a Southwark flatbed van/truck.

Penguin68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be courteous only to put them out on your
> collection day, rather than prematurely littering
> the streets with desiccated trees which can blow
> about, but otherwise on the pavement, I suppose,
> or just inside your front gate if you have one.
> Obviously the bin-men must be able to judge they
> are out for collection and disposal. The council
> determining to charge for regular garden waste
> collection does not stop them making additional
> special collections (such as Xmas trees) whilst
> staying within their own regulations (not law!).

Posted by Penguin68 January 10, 11:43AM

Well, this week, Tuesday, it was the general kitchen and garden waste bin men who made the collection. I think they may have changed their policy.

Posted by Cora January 12, 02:40PM

Mmm..tree still outside....are they not collecting anymore?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum