We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.hensonsecurity.com

http://www.ellyallen.com/

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messagePCN - Sainsbury’s DKH
Posted by TJ June 25, 04:31PM

Hi.
I’ve just received a letter from a debt recovery agency, relating to a parking fine at Sainsbury’s dog kennel hill.
We overstayed the permitted tiMe. This was because it took i we 2 hrs just to get into the supermarket.
The debt recovery company just want money. Horizon parking have no customer lines, Sainsbury’s has no phone lines open.
So, how do I resolve this?!
Any ideas??

messageRe: PCN - Sainsbury’s DKH
Posted by Sally Eva June 25, 05:23PM

A Parking Charge Notice – the one issued by private companies - is not backed up by law. Instead, it is an invoice that has been issued for what it alleges is a breach of contract. If the car park operator wants to force you to pay, they will need to take you to the civil court, which is costly and time-consuming

See more here:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by JohnL June 25, 05:43PM

TJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi.
> I’ve just received a letter from a debt recovery
> agency, relating to a parking fine at Sainsbury’s
> dog kennel hill.
> We overstayed the permitted tiMe. This was because
> it took i we 2 hrs just to get into the
> supermarket.
> The debt recovery company just want money. Horizon
> parking have no customer lines, Sainsbury’s has no
> phone lines open.
> So, how do I resolve this?!
> Any ideas??

done that twice and it's best to complain to Sainsburys not the Car Parking people (Horizon) - email them or ring them - say you were not shopping anywhere other than sainsburys. if no phones include horizon and the CEO of sainsburys in an email also as this makes it easier - they responded to me very quicklysmiling smiley

If you shopped in Sainsburys they'll probably let you off - say probably as it might have changed with Covid19.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was june 25, 05:45pm by JohnL.

Posted by kford June 26, 11:04AM

Sally Eva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Parking Charge Notice – the one issued by
> private companies - is not backed up by law.
> Instead, it is an invoice that has been issued for
> what it alleges is a breach of contract. If the
> car park operator wants to force you to pay, they
> will need to take you to the civil court, which is
> costly and time-consuming
>
> See more here:
>
> [www.mirror.co.uk]
> s-private-parking-20908858

If your appeal doesn't work, tweet @sainsburys; I did this to Lidl once, after an iffy ticket at Surrey Quays, and they quashed it.

Posted by Zig-Zag June 26, 12:33PM

Do a search on Martin Lewis money website because there's a lot of information on there on the legal side and specimen letters you can use to to challenge it. the same thing happened to me in a different supermarket and I offered them £1 for my overstay and that was the end of the matter

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum