FAO Oakhurst Grove residents (I am annoyed by someone's wheelie bins)

Sent by Jackie McGeever of the Southwark Anti-Social Behaviour Unit yesterday....

'They were served with a Section 46 Notice today. The Bins are to be placed on the pavement ( not the road ) no earlier than 8.00pm the day before collection. They must be returned to the property boundaries by 8.00pm on the day of collection.

If this is being flouted drop me an email and I will get the enforcement team out to serve an FPN.'

Well, the bins are out again today so obviously Section 46 holds no terrors for our friends in Oakhurst Grove.

Jackie can be contacted discreetly at: [email protected]

How annoying, he is obviously putting the bins out on a non collection days so as to reserve their parking space!

Why does Southwark ASBU have to deal with everything in such a long winded, round about way? It's an offence to obstruct other's right to park isn't it? Surely there are more effective ways of dealing with is person?

Thank you whoever has contacted the council and stopped, (hopefully), the bloke doing this. Not mentioning house numbers but someone else has started doing it now so they can park their big white van outside their house! I am pregnant and would love the luxury of always having a space directly outside but I am not willing to become that sad, although I am becoming a sad curtain twitcher, so please if it is you, white van man stop it!

Oooh, so glad I don't live in your street. I have every sympathy with you. I know how frustrating it can be especially when you are pregnant. I hope you can get it sorted now because once you are lugging a baby seat or heavy baby it gets even more frustrating!

EDmummy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oooh, so glad I don't live in your street. I have

> every sympathy with you. I know how frustrating

> it can be especially when you are pregnant. I

> hope you can get it sorted now because once you

> are lugging a baby seat or heavy baby it gets even

> more frustrating!

But Im not pregnant :-)

Lol. That's really annoying. We are also frustrated with our next door neighbour (perhaps we should be slightly worried) that they spend far too much time cluttering about with their bins! All day & all night. Clearly wife does not work (but she can't even do her own shopping either?) We're learning to live with it & we just laugh.

Domitianus Wrote:

> I still think the option of wheeling said bins at

> least three or four streets away is a good one.

> If the offenders have to spend a half hour every

> now and then recovering their bins, they might

> think twice.

xxxxxxx

:))

I like the idea of doing it, however you probably would get caught unless you did it when you knew they weren't at home. Is everyone in the house out all day? There seems to be a lot of putting out of bins at the moment to save parking spaces at the moment. Think it usually related to workmen saving parking spaces though. And there seems to be a lot of people dumping deliveries like sand, paving slabs and the like in the road. What is that about?

cate Wrote:

> And there

> seems to be a lot of people dumping deliveries

> like sand, paving slabs and the like in the road.

> What is that about?

xxxxxx

To save blocking the pavement?