Mugging in Goodrich road

Dean, make sure you see a doctor. The police can get a record of your injuries. If the idiot is caught, a better result can be obtained at court. CCTV on buses are pretty good and are pointing in all directions. Well done for reporting this horrible attack.

Sad to concur with the above posts, I was accosted last night on the corner of Goodrich and Dunstans at about 12.30 by two youths, one asked for the time, the other went to grab my wrist and watch as I looked to tell them. They clearly didn?t see my dog was about twenty yards behind me doing her usual nightly sniff. After a scuffle she bit one of them and I have the glove which I am taking to the police for DNA.

Bunny19, please can you make sure you let the police know about the other attacks and that they have been reported. I live about ten yards from that junction so it is really bringing it home. Goodrich School as CCTV so please tell the police that too. Best wishes.

well done bunny-thats fab glad to hear one of the gits has at least been bitten! could you let us know what the police have to say please? would be good to know if they are taking this seriously/what they are planning on doing about it. Very worried as my hubby comes home form work at around that time of night every day. Not nice having to worry every night until I hear his key in the lock.

Just to add my two pence, these crimes are all likely to point to wards a small but dedicated buch of kids, and the only way to stop this is report the crimes and help the police look into this.

We know not all crimes will be solved, but themes and trends get investigated and they can target the area.

Please please report all the problems and crimes you encounter.

It literally takes 5 mins on-line.

When numerous people give descriptions of the thugs more varied info is gathered together giving a clearer overall picture of these no good toads and their evil habits.

This forum must make a sygnificant difference to the local constabulary as we are all looking out for the dangerous thieving wretches.

Hello

Seems like there was a rash of these things happening at the weekend. Somebody tried to mug my friend as he walked down the park foot path at about midnight on Friday. They didn't get anything but left him with a bit of a shiner.

robotcat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello

>

> Seems like there was a rash of these things

> happening at the weekend. Somebody tried to mug

> my friend as he walked down the park foot path at

> about midnight on Friday. They didn't get

> anything but left him with a bit of a shiner.

xxxxxxxx

Which park?

Missmay, I feel for you but you just generally have to accept things happen occasionally but that Dulwich is better than many other places in London--a guy got shot dead outside our flat on Barry Road a year ago and we got very scared for a while but soon recovered our poise.

It sounds like a lot of these recent incidents happened late at night. So a message to all girls especiall, avoid walking on your own late at night. Keep your wits and you'll be fine, honest.

Missmay here's my tuppence worth. Crime comes in peaks and troughs but also we have a popular forum so we hear about more incidents than your average neighbourhood. Check out the met police crime statistic map - we're comparatively quite good round here. Every area has it's scummers but ED is still (in my opinion) a lovely place to live. I'm guilty of being lazy and walking the quickest route home but we should all keep our wits about us and if someone does try and mug you, just hand it over, it's just not worth it.

Another petty observation pk....it may be an old-fashioned attitude but i personally don't want my wife walking any of the streets of London past midnight. But that's just my safety mechanism, you may proffer something different.

pk Wrote:

> TonyQuinn Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So a message to all girls especiall

>

> have the victims been 'girls' then?

Have to add to everyone elses point in that reporting any theft is definately worth it. I was mugged twice in short sucession but both phones I lost had been tagged and I had all the details which I gave to the police. They later recovered the second phone from a kid on a local estate - so they do find things!!! Also would recommend getting in touch from a support point of view - at the time I thought I was fine but 3 years on I still suffer from flashabcks and avoid going anywhere after dark on my own. Sometime even you don't realise it these things can really affect your life. I know Southwark has an active victim support service which may be worth conisdering even if your not bothered about it now - and yes I do realise that everybody has the right to deal with things in their own way - just an option.

TonyQuinn Wrote:

> Another petty observation pk....

eh?

i only asked a question as i thought that the facts here had prompted your 'message to all the girls especiall' (i don't know the victims or their gender so i wondered whether there were indeed more women than men)

I've mentioned this before but please contact Victim Support too. My OH was attacked at Denmark Hill before Christmas and they've been totally brilliant

- helping us with the Police process (accompanying us to station meetings at their suggestion)

- providing us with personal alarms (although mine keeps going off in my bag at v. embarrassiing moments)

- giving v good (non-patronising) guidance and support - from a trained psychotherapist no less.

My OH is not one to ask for help - but he's found them wonderful.

Sorry to hear all your awful stories. We live around the corner too - shudder.