Moth trouble

JRK

I keep finding them whenever I move stuff. I moved a blanket from off spare bed and 3 moths came out :( They also climbed out the washing basket. It must be the weather that has brought them back so bad this year. Can't wait to set my moth bombs off this weekend - will let you all know how it goes!

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Listen guys, crystal palace rd was the coldest

> place in SE22 this winter.

> FACT

You really need to get your central heating sorted, KK :))

Crystal Palace Rd. is a long road running North - South.

Depending which end you live, there may well be a Temperature Differential.

With the mild winter I saved ?190 off my Gas Bill Oct. 2015 - Apr. 2016 when compared with thw same period the previous year

DulwichFox

I've just ordered a load of stuff from here:

http://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/clothes-moths-41-c.asp

Their helpline is very helpful.

There's a section for products to eliminate carpet moths too, though I don't have any carpets.

I think there's a nest somewhere in my house I haven't found, and they're all suddenly becoming moths - I squished ten in ten minutes last night :( I think the problem started again when a parrot was staying for a year last year and I couldn't use chemicals.

KidKruger Wrote:

> stuff the parrot, kill the moths. At ANY cost !

The parrot has gone :)) having pecked my spare bedroom floor to pieces.

The spare bedroom wall is covered in squashed moths :))

I have had them as have carpet throughout they were in dark corners under cats giant play post I wiped carpet a walls with basic pine disinfectant and then I see steam mop so far so good

You could try this or maybe hire carpets cleaning machine rug doctor is good a pain but good and no chemicals

Hope this helps

Gaynor Hill Wrote:

> I have had them as have carpet throughout they

> were in dark corners under cats giant play post I

> wiped carpet a walls with basic pine disinfectant

> and then I see steam mop so far so good

> You could try this or maybe hire carpets cleaning

> machine rug doctor is good a pain but good and no

> chemicals

> Hope this helps

Unfortunately I doubt you will get rid of moths in a carpet without using chemicals.

Apparently it's better to use a powder type, as that will get into the places where the moths lay their eggs.

I no longer have carpets, but the last one to go was in my bedroom, and when I took that up I found it had been eaten in the part which had been covered by the bed.

Just looking to see how long the sticky pads for the traps were effective, and found some information on this site which is quite useful:

https://www.mothprevention.com/pages/5-steps-to-moth-control

and this one:

http://www.insectslimited.com/faq

Traps evidently effective for sixty days, but really only give you an idea of the extent of the infestation. Unless it's quite mild, they won't work by themselves, and in any case obviously don't control females, larvae or eggs.

V interesting Sue! We bought some phermeone traps a week or so ago, after we set off several foggers we bought from the DIY shop - next day I opened the cupboard and found a moth crawling over my work suit! Phermeone strips in situ we have caught nothing, but I expect the buggers are just lulling me into a false sense of security....