Film night at Rye Books! Taxi Tehran Thurs. 19th May 7.30pm Free event

Please join us for our screening of 'Taxi Tehran' next Thursday 19th May 7.30pm

Fugitive from censorship director Jafar Panahi takes to the road ? and finds the modern world joining him in his panoptic mobile movie booth.

Read more here..

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/01/taxi-tehran-review-admirable-jafar-panahi-takes-to-the-streets

It's a free event no booking necessary but please email so we get an idea of numbers!

Best wishes! All at Rye Books

45 Upland Rd, SE22 9EF email: [email protected]

www.ryebooks.co.uk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Sue, not quite sure of your glowing reviews.  Next time I suggest that you order extra, PM me and I will cycle round for a tasting.  I'm a tough critic just to warn you.... 
    • LTN is s**t. I live on LL and the traffic, noise and air pollution has never been worst since this ridiculous vanity project was introduced. It has to go - and it will. 
    • There's a simple solution, let's have a referendum on the LtNs and Dulwich junction that is restricted to residents living within a mile of it. (This stops outside interference by organisations for either side) Then let's see if there is support for or against it and have a legal binding agreement that the results are respected and acted upon by the council.  Sounds fair to me or are people scared of discovering how strong feeling is either way ? 
    • Also, is he chipped/neutered? Will impact on how far he's likely to have wandered. Lost cat advice here: https://www.cats.org.uk/help-and-advice/lost-found-and-feral-cats/lost-a-cat
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In