Playdates for 6m olds?

I have a very engergetic 6m old boy and today, I discovered that when we have other babies at home, he gets fascinated by them (and vice versa) and therefore is so so happy! Had some friends from out of town come and visit us with their babies.

We go to playgroups and coffee mornings but I have found that playgroups can be a little bit too noisy for younger ones (he gets grumpy after half an hour) and coffee mornings in coffee shops, etc. with other mums and babies don't really entertain him because I can't put him down and let him freely play (although I have a great time).

So, would anyone be interested in getting together regularly one afternoon a week or so at our homes (I'll start hosting initially obviously) so that our little ones can be put down on the playmats, play with toys and generally be fascinated by the existence of other babies and the mums can happily sip coffee and chat?

We live off Lordship Lane near ED Police station.

Hi Amy,

I was looking out for your post after reading the 'Hate to sound like a stalker, but' thread....I've been terrible at getting out and meeting mums so far due to persistent laziness, total exhaustion, frequent panics about sniffles and runny poo etc, inability to string a sentence together AND resultant loss of confidence/identity crisis etc....certainly sounds like being a student again......So if you don't mind hosting a gibbering, smelly lunatic, I've got a little chap who is coming up to 6 months old very soon and we would be absolutely delighted to come over - will PM you my dets....

P.S. Oh yes, mine also gets v. bored when Mummy just wants to chat and his silly Mummy doesn't like to put him out if at all possible

Hi Amy, I'm the stalkee :) from the other thread. The playdate network for pre-toddlers is a great idea. Wren is 6 months old and I know a few mums, mostly with daughters the same age (sept 2009 seemed to produce a glut of girls!) who would be keen too. I'll PM my details over. Radha

Hi Amy,

I have a soon-to-be 7 month old boy and would be keen to meet up with other mums and babies in ED. We already meet up with mums from our NCT group but they mostly live in Herne Hill so it would be great to meet mums who live a bit nearer. Btw all but 1 of the babies in my nct group are boys so perhaps in 16 years time we can match them up with your glut of girls Radha!

I'll PM my details over. We're on hols at the moment but will be back at end of April and would be happy to meet up soon after.

Fantastic! Thank you for all the PMs and replies. If you haven't already done so, could you send me a PM with your email address please? I will then send a group email in the next day or so to organise our first playdate! Better start tidying up the house now...:))