Best nursery for 2 yrs +??

Lochie

I have a 7 month old, and my school teacher mum insists I need to look at nurserys NOW to get him a place at 2 years old (i'm sure she is right but I find this quite mind boggling). I'd quite like a short list of 3 or 4 to look around - any recommendations appreciated. East Dulwich/Herne Hill/West Dulwich/Dulwich Village areas best for us...

My daughter started at Dulwich Montessori nursery school, It's on College road. They can attend from 2 years of age. Might be worth putting on your list so you can compare.. They do have a web site.

Your mum is right. In fact, waiting lists are quite long so you may find that a place will not be available by the time your child is 2. MUCH has been written on this forum before so if you do a search you will be able to find lots of suggestions. My personal favourite is Nellys in W Dulwich/Village borders.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone this is really useful. I snooped through Nelly's fence the other week and it looked really nice - lots of cuddling of young ones and a lot of them were playing outside. 2 year waiting list though!!!

I will look at Villa and Dulwich Montessori too - I really just want a place he can burn off energy I suppose but I'll be using it as childcare whilst I work so it would be a long day...my health visitor said go on gut instinct when I look around the nurseries. Any other pointers on what to look for would be useful... (there is a nursery in Herne Hill I was looking at as its very nearby my house but every time I pass it there are staff smoking outside so I guess my gut instinct on that one is a no!)

I did some work at the Half Moon Montessori in Herne Hill and thought it was fab. The staff are really lovely and the environment very friendly. Will definitely be sending my little one there when she gets to that stage.