Easyjet .. car-seats .. free ?

BQC

Yes - (at Gatwick at least) you can take it to the gate (if you have a travel system) and then it is put in the hold with the buggy. You do have to take everything apart at security to go through the machine though.

Worth checking the website of the airport you are flying from though because exact arrangements will vary.

Yes, we had no problem when checking in at Gatwick. Both carseat and buggy were free. Checked carseat with the luggage and took buggy to the plane door and checked there. Useful to know that it really varies whether you get your buggy back at the gate or on the luggage carousel on arrival, so it is good to have a sling on board in case you have a long walk through the airport.

We did have a bit of a problem on the return journey from Milan and had to fight in order to get them to allow both for free. But we eventually got there in the end.

Just in case you have any hassles, I would strongly suggest emailing easyJet customer services about it so you can have a printed response for the check-in desk. I got this back and while we didn't need it, it was useful for keeping our minds calm:

Hello,

My wife and I are thinking of travelling with easyjet, along with our baby son. I have a couple of questions, as I can't seem to find the answers anywhere on your website:

1. are we allowed to take any luggage for the baby?

2. are we allowed to take a car seat and put it in the hold? Is this included in our baggage allowance and weight?

3. are we allowed to take a pushchair and put it in the hold? Is this included in our baggage allowance and weight?

4. can we take a pushchair up to the plane?

5. can we take a car seat on the plane if we haven't purchased an extra seat for our son?

6. if we are flying from Gatwick - how much clear sterilised boiled water are we allowed to take for feeds? Is it ok to take baby formula through security?

7. do you have priority/early boarding for those with infants or should we purchase speedy boarding?

Many thanks,

========

Got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to confirm that pushchairs, prams, car seats and travel cots do not form part of your baggage allowance and therefore up to two items per infant are carried for free, provided that the infant is travelling as well. However, we do not offer a separate baggage allowance for infants.

Pushchairs, buggies, car seats and travel cots can be taken right up to the aircraft, where they will be taken by cabin crew and stored in the hold. However, if it would be easier for you, you can check it in with your baggage at check-in. Full sized, non-collapsible prams cannot be accepted for travel.

Despite the fact that easyJet does not offer a separate baggage allowance for infants you can still take a small baby changing bag free of charge.

I can confirm that you are allowed to take small quantities of liquids, including baby formula, in your hand baggage. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent re-sealable plastic bag measuring approximately 20x20cms per passenger. Also, you might be asked to taste the baby milk etc. at the security check. The maximum volume of liquids that you are allowed to take in your hand baggage is 1 litre.

For the latest updates regarding baggage allowances please see the ?latest news? section of the easyJet website, or use the following link;

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/new_eu_security_rules.html

I would like to advise you that currently boarding occurs in the following order;

1. Speedy Boarding (SB) -passengers who have paid a fee to be the first to be called to board the flight.

2. Special Assistance (SA) -passengers with a disability, elderly, infants, children under the age of 5 years.

3. Boarding Group A (A) -internet checked in passengers and 1-30 of airport check in passengers.

4. Boarding Group B (B) -all remaining passengers.

Therefore, if you wish to be amongst the first group of passengers called to board your flight my best advice would be to purchase Speedy Boarding service.

We flew with easyjet a couple of weeks ago, checked in a pram and car seat with no probs, and took an extra bag on board with us for bubs. Was expecting way more hassle but they were really helpful! Have a good trip x