A level agony

What to do ,what to do - the agony is killing me .

Just wish my son was equally stressed - and yes ,before you say it - no doubt all my fault for stressing on his behalf.

Picture the scene - driving son to school in Pimlico for A level Chemistry exam( because didn't get a place at any local schools a decade ago ,Charter just opening and parents of peers all lying to get a place and I was too high minded to do same ,silly me ) forgotten calculater - do we turn back ,go on ...?

Will hopeless son miss start of exam wandering around looking for replacement ...

All you people stressing about primary school places - think what this might mean in terms of secondary schools and don't get caught like me !

Anyone else in A level agony ?

I've got A levels to look forward next year. Daughter's got GCSE Maths today, French and History later in the week and likewise she's not nearly as stressed out as I am. I would have thought the school could spare a calculator!

Good luck.

Ann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've got A levels to look forward next year.

> Daughter's got GCSE Maths today, French and

> History later in the week and likewise she's not

> nearly as stressed out as I am. I would have

> thought the school could spare a calculator!

>

> Good luck.

Schools usually do lend calculators but there is no guarantee as it depends upon how many students forget to bring them. We have just finished A level anxiety at our house (second time around) and same problem here. I am the only one who is getting stressed! Got a few years break before GCSE/A levels with the younger ones. Hey Ho.

I sympathise- why don't boys stress? What will happen next year when they are at uni?? how will we manage without them? I will have to strtess for my 14 year old. I was too high minded to lie too- but at least I slept with a clear conscience. It is terribole they get so much study leave- a month off with 6 exams to take- all spread out. Bring on 30th June.:)-D

Hi again. How did Chemistry go yesterday? My daughter's maths GCSE paper was 'better than expected'.

English Language today, History part one tomorrow and French later in the week so it's a busy one. But she does seem to have been on study leave for ages.

Perhaps that's what makes it more stressful for parents; a horrible tendancy to expect them to spend all their 'study leave' studying!

Hi - Chemistry ok as far as I can judge ," yes ,I think I did well " .

We'll know in August ...

Biology today ,Physics tommorrow .

At least the A level exams are less spread out .

Wish I could anticipate end of exams with more cheerfulness - but it's going to be a long summer ,further extended by delayed start to Autumn term because of building works at his school .

( bit gloomy today ,sorry )

what a nightmare intexasathemoment.

Have vicarious GCSEs for next 3 years in a row. Why did I mistakenly believe that I was done with exams when I sat my finals? Physics doesnt make any more sense than it did 30 years ago.