Pregnancy questions sorry if it's TMI!

This question goes out to all pregnant or previously pregnant ladies. Any of you suffered from piles? If so what did you do apart from usual over the counter creams? I am feeling very uncomfortable right now and cream seems to be doing nothing at all... As if being pregnant wasnt fun enough

I feel your pain (literally). I had to go to the docs mine were so awful, who gave me suppositories. Gross, but by that time the world and his wife had had their hands up my underneathies it felt like, so I was beyond caring frankly. They did help lots. I just convinced myself they must see it every day!

The good news is they went pretty quickly after birth...

Ouch, poor you.

If they don't go away post baby I did see an episode of Embarrassing Bodies (no idea why I am drawn to watch these bizarre programmes), where a man had piles very badly and they did some new kind of surgery that was quick, easy and wasn't as agressive as the more traditional methods of getting rid of them....worth looking into if needed, but hope it wont be the case.

Molly

x

I would consider anything at this point surgery included! I had them in the post even before pregnancy but they never hurt at all. THis time there's bleeding and I cant be 100% that it's the piles so I am literally panicking right now waiting for surgery to open

I worked with a midwife and she recommended wrapping plain cold mashed potato (without milk or butter!!) in some gauze, then apply to the area for about 30 mins. It worked!! Swelling really went down. Sounds utterly gross, but having been in your position I was willing to try it. Also gave me a reason to relax for a moment.

supergolden - I've had mine since my (4 year old!) daughter was born and they've got much worse with this pregnancy. I am literally feeling your pain and in the same dilemma! Last time germolene suppositories were reasonably effective at reducing the discomfort for me. I have been avoiding them as don't like to take any medication during pregnancy but there comes a point.....!

I don't think you'd be offered surgery while you're pregnant because things could change from the birth. I'm just dreading what they might be like after round 2!