Inspirational

jimmy two times

..and the England team could do with following these words, "when you're getting paid millions a year and are on a pitch to represent your country in the World Cup, try earning your keep and sweating for it, instead of whinging about restrictions on your off-pitch behaviour which are probably only in place because when off the leash you cannot control yourselves". KidKruger.

although a comment I saw on another website about young rich footballers did have a grain of truth

"Don't get me wrong, If I'd been earning ?100,000 a week when I was in my 20s I'd have been crashing a coachload of hookers into a nunnery every night"

Surely part of the problem (and I'm no football fan or pundit) is that football, for some reason, is played better at club level than at international level. So Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool would, 8 times out of 10, beat the England team.

Whereas in other sports - cricket and rugby seem good examples, the national side is better than the best club side. No county side would expect to beat England at any form of cricket, nor would I fancy many club sides (Barbarians excepted) to regularly beat England at rugby football.