Lack of sleep in ED (fox noises again)

A while back I asked James Barber to get the council street cleaners to put the - flimsy - bags of rubbish they collect on top of the bins rather than alongside them. They have started to do that, and the result is no shredded bags with refuse all over the streets. Imagine if this was replicated borough, city and country wide. I don't mind the foxes but do mind it when people get all blunderbuss on them. Hopefully, when people no longer see the contents of rubbish bins all over the place then they might not be so anti-volp.

Never mind the foxes... for the past 3 days I have been kept awake by dogs barking in their gardens, can't people keep them inside if they're prone to 'vocalising'? They sounded pretty far away so it must have been much worse for whoever lived closer, poor things - it reminded me of the starlight barking from 101 Dalmatians!!

genwilliams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

These

> animals are beautiful, and make our environment

> more interesting. A little more tolerance and

> perspective wouldn't go amiss.

>

> London would be a sadder place without its

> wildlife.

>

> Long live the foxes.

xxxxxx

Hear hear!

And when foxes come into my house, eat my cornflakes and bread, hide in the cupboards and pee and poo all over the surfaces I'll stop being so indulgent - as farmers in the country are quite rightly when foxes get into their hen coops. Mice are pests, foxes, for me, aren't. As long as foxes stay in the garden or the street, they're fine with me (actually, so are mice).

?m being a bit devil?s advocate to be fair penguin. As I?ve said on the thread already I?m not advocating killing foxes on site, they don?t bother me at the moment (and I have had cubs and parents lounging in my garden before) but equally the argument ?they have every right to exist, they were here before us etc? which is forwarded by some on here, doesn?t stand up on it?s own

No, foxes won?t be the same problem as mice but if numbers continue to grow unchecked then there will be a whole bunch of other problems to deal with somewhere down the line

Foxes can be pretty problematic for some people. We had a mother and 8 cubs living under our decking and they wrecked our fences, plants, veg etc and covered the garden in horrible poo! Anyway, several thousand pounds later after a garden make over to get rid of the decking (once the cubs were big enough to leave)and fix everything they are thankfully gone.

They are very cute but I am looking forward to hopefully only seeing them in the street from now on!