Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• First Mate, was it not Southwark Council that denied Gala's application for a license to run over two weekends? Am I missing something. It's not really a contradiction, it seems more like it's an inconvenience to you and you don't like it. Fair enough that's up to you. I also live v near the site and it doesn't really bother me... I'm glad that so many people come and enjoy themselves.
    • Some Rejoiner's obviously not happy with Labour ignoring all things Brexit/EU in their manifesto (apparently the word Brexit was only mentioned once!), but worth noting that hidden away in the manifesto is a convenient catch-all caveat that applies to all their proposals, that states, and I paraphrase, ''plans could change if events change''. What I'm guessing (hoping!) is that Labour have calculated that they have to be seen by the country *as a whole*, at the very least trying to 'make Brexit work' before they can even begin to change tack and pivot towards something like SM membership. That hopefully would come to a head when the TCA is up for renewal in 2026. Agree that one thing a big Labour win might throw up is rebellious groups of backbenchers, knowing that they can create mischief without upsetting Labour's ability to pass Bills etc in Parliament. So, for instance, you might see a very vocal pro-EU grouping emerge, think ERG but with brains. I'm actually quite hopeful that should Starmer become PM, he will get things done, albeit in his pragmatic, careful, lawyerly kinda way. Give me boring any day, I think we've all had enough of 'personality politics', although the media seem to be hooked on it judging by their coverage of Farage. Starmer would be the first PM I can think of that has actual experience of heading up a large public organisation i.e. the CPS. So unlike Johnson, Truss, and Sunak, he understands what public duty/service entails and is good at it...
    • I can also vouch for A1 Chimney Sweeps. Very efficient and at a good price too!
    • Need to replace half a dozen or so Victorian (four panel) doors, standard sizes give or take, I’ve had a look around tinternet but wondering if anyone already has a decent source. Just looking for straight replacements, I presume the doors are pine, if not maybe oak. Either way I’ll probably go by the look of the door anyway when purchasing.  Thanks in advance.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In