inguinal hernia in toddler - advice needed pls

My little boy has just been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. he has been referred to king's for urgent surgery and unfortunately he will be put under a general :(. Has anyone had any experience of inguinal hernias in small children? any insights would be v helpful.

Thx

My son had one, he had an operation under general anaesthetic at 3 and a half months old. It was all completely fine. I will write more later when I get a chance (hopefully tonight), but just wanted to let you know that it is very straightforward and really nothing to worry about (easy to say I know, and it didn't stop me crying!) Feel free to PM me in the meantime

my eldest had a different medical problem but had six generals under the age of two. generals are worrying and anything happening with your child is very frightening, but each time they brought my daughter back to me she woke up smiling and hungry and ready to play and i realised i had to take a leaf out of her book and not worry about something i couldn't do anything about and that was necessary. children can take amazing things in their stride especially if they see that you are okay. But

as marscapone says it still doesn't stop you crying - nor should it - but don't worry too much - it will all be behind you both very soon. wishing you all the best.