favourite foods?

Hello, may I ask what your babies/toddlers like to eat? And what easy options/cheats do you employ when you are pushed for time/energy/inspiration? Watch this space - working on a weaning cookbook for healthy family foods and am keen to pick other mothers' brains as well as posting recipes to get feedback. Input duly credited in the book! Thank you in advance for any replies.

Fresh pasta - 3 mins

Microwave a steam bag of mixed veg. Stir together with a blob of philly and some grated cheese

Cook up lots of tom sauce (with veg or hidden veg) and freeze in small portions. Serve with pasta (or couscous) and stir in chicken, tuna, salmon, tinned salmon, philly, grated cheese or chopped ham

Make a little salad plate wirh rice cakes or breadsticks, tomatoes, carrrot, cucumber, raw pepper, serve with grated cheese, hard boiled egg, ham or hummous or salmon, cold meat

Bake a potato (7 mins in microwave, 5 mins in oven)

Cut in half, scrape out flesh, mash with cheese, philly, chopped ham or salmon, sweetcorn, put back into potato skin

Mashed potato served with pesto, pureed peas stirred in

I now generally give our toddler the same as we eat and have done since he was about 10 months - so i just make a bit more of what we have and freeze little pots of it for him. He likes Chilli con carne and chicken balti - with sour cream added to make it less hot. he loves fish bakes and various chicken dishes we have. I also think a tomato and veg pasta sauce is always really good and make a big one and freeze portions of it. Fuschia - like your potato ideas.

Fi from West Dulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you Fuschia - another early starter; presume

> fully functionning at 6.49 on a Sunday morning

> being enforced by small person/people rather than

> through choice!

you got it!