Possible stray/lost small tabby cat - Marsden Road

kaz@263

Has anyone else noticed the small, very thin tabby cat hanging around Marsden Road the past few days - about halfway down on the same side as the Wildlife Garden? Never noticed her before, although I know there is a black stray cat who hangs around there. Of course she could live along there and actually be fine (so I should mind my own business!) but she does look quite bedraggled like she's either a stray or lost and doesn't look to be in the best of health so just wondering if anyone knew any more about her. Thanks.

Can you get a pic and post it. Is she definitely a she? Some neutered males can be mistaken for a she. If she looks unwell, try and interest her with some food, and see if you can get her to a vet to see if she's chipped. Very thin is not good, and lost cats are poor at finding food, unlike feral cats. Is she wearing a collar?

Thanks for your replies and advice.

Blah Blah I don't think it's the missing cat unfortunately but will double-check next time I see her (I don't live on Marsden but pass by most days when I'm out and about).

And will try to get a photo too, she doesn't wear a collar.

It's definitely not Twiggy the missing cat I'm afraid. Saw her/him again today (think she's a girl but not certain). White back legs, front paws, chest & part of face are her nose area. Managed to get a couple of photos. I'm inclined to think she's probably a stray who (hopefully) gets fed by some Marsden residents. Or as I said before, she maybe just lives there but its strange I've never seen her before til last week and since then she's been in the same spot every day. My main concern was how thin she is (which doesn't really come across in the photos) - when you stroke her you can really feel her spine, and her back legs seem quite bowed. I'm going to struggle to get her to a vets as I look after my baby full time but someone kindly PM-ed me to say they might be able to drop by and see if they could spot her.

Hi - just an quick update. Thanks to the help of the lovely lady who is the owner of missing Twiggy, we now know that this little cat does live on Marsden Rd but sadly since her elderly owner died she won't go inside the house apart from for meals. It looks like she also has some health issues and a neighbour is due to take her to CHAT later this week. Let's hope with a thorough check-up and some medication she will be looking a bit better over the coming weeks.

Just been to see owner to tell her id be taking cat to celia hammonds tomorrow and the cat has gone. The owner saw her out front this morning. If anyone has taken her please can you put her back as she has thyroid problem hence her being thin. The owner has had her for 11 years and thinks someone has taken her.

Kaz@263, thanks for posting & keeping an eye out for her. Se15mum, thanks for posting. I have no idea who that was as it wasn't me. Perhaps she may have taken her. Any chance of a description? I don't understand why people think they have the right to just take a cat without finding out the situation. The cat sat on the wall outside where she lived, there are cat bowls in the garden,so it was pretty obvious the cat lived there, and yes she was very skinny because she has an overactive thyroid which was being dealt with and cats with this issue don't put weight on quickly even with treatment and sometimes never at all. The cat lived there for 11 years and it is a terrible thing to take someone's pet, leaving the owner not knowing what has happened to her. I have been ringing all private vets and the charity vets and will be putting posters up in each one. If someone has taken her, she needs to go to a vets because she will eventually go blind and deaf and possibly have a heart attack without her treatment.Im all for keeping an eye out for animals that look lost or in distress, however this cat wasn't in pain and her huge appetite is due to the thyroid issue. People need to do their homework before stealing people's animals, thinking they are doing a good thing, as this is not a good thing, it is wicked. I'm very angry someone has taken Tess, people shouldn't do to other that they wouldn't like done to them.

Been searching on all lost sites, putting her photo and details. Rung rspca Putney several times, long story short, told no, then I registered on pets located last night, a match came up, Putney rspca. Don't understand why I'd rung nearly everyday and told no. Anyhow this tabby and white may not be Tessie, as it was taken from lyndhurst way in Peckham, an rspca inspector was called to collect her. She couldn't have walked there as last seen 29th sept and rspca collected on 1st October . So unless someone took her from garden to lyndhurst way, I'm really hoping it's not her as she was put to sleep.need to get to Putney to identify as pretty sure owner can't as she can't leave her mother who had a stroke, I'm now seeing if any of my friends can bring me there. If it's not Tessie will update, though it is someone's poor little cat if not. It's just all so sad.

Went to rspca, was very difficult to tell though managed to check certain markings, it wasn't Tess. Very sad that it is someone else's tabby and white female cat. It isn't any I have seen on any sites, including this one,just bloody awful.

Anyhow still think someone had taken her on Thursday , will update if any news. Thanks all for looking out for her.