Any expectant mums in Nunhead/Peckham Rye area?

It has been lovely meeting some of you at the Autumn Babies club meet at Cafe Nero and most supportive reading the posts on the forum.

I was just wondering if there are any mums to be out there that are closer to me - in SE15 Nunhead/near Peckham Rye park area. As this is my second pregnancy I dont plan to do any antenatal/NCT classes but it would be very useful to meet mums nearby and get a tea group going. I am still friends with most mums I met through the NCT tea group with my daughter but that was four years ago and most have had second babies long ago!

Let me know - am due end of October...

Hi there

I've just been looking at the threads for Autumn babies today and am hoping to meet up with people as my baby is due October 6th (although I'm away quite a lot now until the end of August so thought I'd hang on until a later meeting date). I live really close to the park so it'd be nice to meet up with people who are even closer to me than Lordship Lane. I am about for the next two days if that suits but then will be away for a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I was supposed to come on Sunday night but unfortunately I didn't make it (when I said yes I'd forgotten it was my daughter's third birthday celebrations that day!). Hope you had a good dinner

I've actually just moved to New Cross Gate so Nunhead is pretty close to us

Similar to you I would be happy to host a tea group once the baby arrives. I hosted a tea group with my first and it was a fantastic way to meet similar mums. My baby is due at the start of October

Let's see if anyone else responds and then we can set up another gathering x

Angela

Hi everyone - great to see some more of you near(ish) to me! We could all meet for a coffee at Peckham Rye cafe prior to babies if you like and get to know each other. Would this Monday be any good? I am generally working from home Mondays/Weds/Fridays but currently very busy with freelance work

I may even try to create a Nunhead mums (or SE15/??) facebook group if you are all on facebook - seems an easy way to communicate

Hello everyone,

I've recently moved to Nunhead, very near the park so would be lovely to meet some other local Mums. I have a 13 month old but not planning number 2 for a while so I'm not really what the original poster was looking for but if there are any tea groups going I'd love to come along, didn't do that when my daughter was new as there didn't seem to be any where we were living.

Thanks and best wishes for all the bumps!

Ah Supergolden, what a shame....we are out of sync by 2 years - I had my 2nd in October 2008, and with a 4.25 year age gap between her and her big sister. Like you most of my friends from when I had my first daughter had already had their 2nd baby years before, and so during the school term I hung out mostly with 1st time Mum's and that was fine, but didn't work during school holidays when my older daughter wanted to do more than sit in the park on rugs discussing lack of sleep etc!

Mind you, I have found my little one has stepped up to the mark very quickly, and now at 2 plays really well with the bigger children, including the clutch of 'first time around friends' where the mix is now mostly a gang of 6 and 4 year olds with her trailing along behind causing a degree of disruption!

I'm guessing I am quite close to you on Harlescott Road, and also that you have discovered Ivydale School's Childrens Centre and Playgroup which runs 3 times a week? It is wonderful for Mum's, babies and toddlers and I'm often there so maybe we could meet up some time (I'm actually wondering if I already know you to look at!).

If you want any details of playgroup do shout, and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Best wishes, Molly

Great news (I had the same - O started nursery in the January after C was born, and it was lovely having all day with the new baby).

A lot of Mum's in your situation drop the older child at nursery and then stay at playgroup until picking up time to save the trek back and forth, though having said that I'm not sure when the new longer nursery hours come in as then timing will not work so well which is a shame. Whilst they finish at 11.30am it's perfect.

Look forward to meeting you and the new baby.

Molly