Please Vote For The Young Lewisham Project - RBS Skills & Opportunities Fund

young lewisham

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE YOUNG LEWISHAM PROJECT - ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND SKILLS & OPPORTUNITIES FUND

The Young Lewisham Project has been shortlisted for funding from the Royal Bank of Scotland Skills and Opportunities Fund! We are one of 16 charities that have been shortlisted and we need your help to make sure we get the desperate funds we need to continue the fantastic work we do.

It?s simple. All you have to do is click this link:

http://skillsandopportunitiesfund.rbs.co.uk/vote/vote-in-london.html

scroll down the page and click on the VOTE NOW button. This will take you to the voting page. Scroll down to the bottom of the list to YOUNG LEWISHAM PROJECT, click and job done!

The more public votes we get the better our chances, so if you could share this post to all your contacts that would be fantastic!

To find out more about The Young Lewisham Project please check out at our website:

http://www.younglewisham.org.uk

Thanks for your support and hopefully your vote. We?ll keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...

What a great scheme Young Lewisham is..

Back in 1978 ish a group of 'Kids' from the scheme under the supervision of Bob Searchfield put a new engine

in my Hunber Septre. The engine was delivered to a yard oposite Ladywell baths. there was no sign of anyone

and I was stuck with my car and an engine crated up with no way of moving it..

No mobile phones back then.. but fortunately they turned up and fitted my engine. Brilliant.

The scheme kept a lot of young people out of trouble.. with the dedication of Bob and his wife.

Great to see still going after 40+ years. Keep up the good work.

DulwichFox

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dulwich Fox. We're so pleased to hear that The Young Lewisham Project helped you out all those years ago!

We're still teaching motorbike maintenance to young people today from our premises on Kilmorie Road (Forest Hill) but also now offer bike maintenance, woodworking/upcycling, independent living skills and gardening workshops to help young people who haven't done so well at school, learn new skills and obtain alternative academic qualifications.

Please do get in touch, if you'd like to pop in and see what we're up to these days.

Archived