soft play

I just visited It's A Kid's Thing, near Earlfield station (about 20 minutes by car). Although I haven't been to Beckenham Spa in a while, I think it's roughly comparable in size, but has much better (and faster) food and the people who work there are lovely.

I also love Toddlers World at the Arches Leisure Centre in Greenwich. It's the biggest/most-spread out soft play facility I've seen, but it's a ways away.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the same as the creche that used to be in the leisure centre? Ages ago they had a drop off creche which was fantastic for going to the gym but I know that it was closed during the swimming pool renovations.

I used to think the premises of what became the Foxtons would have made a good mini Gambado type soft play.

Hmmm, I've read that there was no soft play included in the plans for the ED Leisure Centre makeover - would love to be wrong about that.

candj, I reckon the ED Warehouse might work well, though bigger would be better....you really need a nice big warehouse or industrial unit. I went to one in Kent that was enormous and the actual soft play structure was on 4 levels - amazing. Masses of space - even an indoor football pitch with netting all around it at one end, plus the usual settees, cafes, under 2's area etc. So lovely.

Other than the set up costs it is the insurance that had me shaking in my boots!