Still desperately looking for after school care

southwark council runs a service for awkward childcare arrangements, they will find someone for you, they are all checked etc and you obviously get to decide. We found a lovely person through this for some nursery pick ups that we needed. Might be worth a try if you want.

I used Simply Childcare to find an after school nanny last year, worth a try if you haven't already used them.

If I recall correctly, you pay a one off fee to register with them for 1 month, they you can place your

own ad and also look through the existing list of people offering childcare, the agency were really helpful and I found

someone almost immediately.

I agree with womanofdulwich, extending the hours and paying a little more worked for us too.

Hi Prdarling.

Have you tried the website findababsitter.com. I only recently came across it but you can search function is really good so you can ask for all childcarers within say 2 miles of your postcode, specify whether you want them to be drivers, have references, crb checks etc. The website also tells you whether the nannies are available mornings, afternoons or evenings. When I plugged my requirements in it came up with a number of good possibilities although I haven't persued them further.

Perhaps worth a try?

good luck

trinity