Old Victorian / Edwardian Floor Tiles Wanted

petercain0110

Hi,

I am looking for some tessellated / small vitrified tiles for a hallway "project": the orginal Victorian small tiles (usually seen as black / white checkered / diamond patterned paths).

I got a few sqm from Walthamstow, but it's not enough, and they are maninly brown!

As there seems to be many paths forever vanishing, and the old tiles must go somewhere (usually the skip, it seems), I thought would give the EDF a try first, before slapping-down large boring big modern tiles, like everyone else seems to.

Please email me if you have / know of any.

Thanks

Pete

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Hi All Following incredible assistance from The Dulwich Society, a visit to the Southwark Archives and lots local insight from this forum, social media and visitors to ed we have created a visual history of ed's home, 41 North Cross Road. We think it looks great, you can see it on our Instagram and Facebook pages: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6UJsC3MDsS/ https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=947290310732033&set=pcb.947290447398686 There is a much less pretty but more detailed version for anyone interested. Many thanks for all your help. Dan  
    • So you are a ‘member’ 😳whatever that means, but also not. It’s not very clear…. But also totally transparent. Miaow 💅😂 Maybe I will, maybe I won’t 😂 What is interesting about your questions is that they suggest, as usual, that you see everything as a really basic binary opposition (cars vs bike, anti LTN vs pro-council etc). It’s not very nuanced Rocks. I don’t have great love for Southwark council as I suspect you assume. That said, neither do I have a lot of time for the apocalyptic hyperbole of those still upset over a fairly minor change to a road junction in the village, made several years ago, and which actually creates a nice public space for pedestrians and a bit more safety for kids travelling to school by bike. Ah, what the hell, let’s play…as you asked so nicely: The one that took place between May and July 2021 I don’t know much about this. It seems it was reopened though? Apparently they have the agreement of the emergency services this time, (which perhaps does suggests they didn’t consult with them properly the first time round). Of course someone (the mysterious Mr One?) believes the emergency services are being intimidated somehow (possibly by commies) so maybe Southwark still haven’t learnt their lesson? No, I don’t. Although I hear the Mysterious Mr One would like it redesigned to make things clearer. 😂 As for your ‘question 3 sub-points’ I don’t actually agree with their premise (a bit of the old ‘how often do you beat your wife’ framing going on there… slippery 😂) Anyway good luck with the referendum.   
    • I often walk past 'Kenro Press' and think it looks very sad and negleted. I wonder when it was last a viable business - tried googling it but nothing much came up Great to hear it is being brought back to life, perhaps a pity it will not be a new usefull retail premises. Lots of work needed so good luck with your renovation
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In