Little Clipper

Jalythe

I feel compelled to write a review of my horrific experience of Little Clippers and their appalling and downright rude customer service. First of all, I stressed on the phone when booking that it was my daughter's first haircut and whilst I wasn't expecting bells and whistles, I was expecting a little better than being told to just 'pick the hair up off the floor' when I asked for a lock to keep! The lady that served us was nothing short of rude and very abrupt with my child, telling her off and constantly telling her to SIT STILL and stop playing with the car! It was her first haircut! And she knew that! Extremely poor customer service and totally incapable of talking to children. On top of all that- ridiculously expensive for a 5 minute snip! Avoid at all costs!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience at my shop for the lovely children of East Dulwich and beyond but if you had come to me or any of my staff to sort the matter out without having to hide behind your post then it could have been resolved, but unfortunately you didn't and then felt the need to come on here and moan....I have a very strong team of people working with me to help the lovely children of East Duliwch get through that first haircut and the 2nd, 3rd and so forth....it's a very stressful environment that we try to keep calm for the child's sake but unfortunately people like you make that very difficult so please in future go elsewhere.

The clipper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience at my

> shop for the lovely children of East Dulwich and

> beyond but if you had come to me or any of my

> staff to sort the matter out without having to

> hide behind your post then it could have been

> resolved, but unfortunately you didn't and then

> felt the need to come on here and moan....I have a

> very strong team of people working with me to help

> the lovely children of East Duliwch get through

> that first haircut and the 2nd, 3rd and so

> forth....it's a very stressful environment that we

> try to keep calm for the child's sake but

> unfortunately people like you make that very

> difficult so please in future go elsewhere.

And how exactly would you (or "any of my staff") have "sorted the matter out", given the situation which Jalythe has described?

"People like you"?! "Please in future go elsewhere"?! I doubt she was ever going to come back, and I doubt anybody else reading your rude post will want to either.

I've always taken my two toddlers to a local barbers but decided to give Little Clipper a try recently after a friend recommended it. Must say I'll be sticking with the barbers in the future as I also found the customer service pretty poor. E.g being ignored by the staff when I entered until they finished chatting, then the hairdresser having very little patience with my boys who admittedly both wiggle and get upset when having their haircut - I did warn the hairdresser but her tutting and the impatient way in which she spoke to the boys (telling them to "stop it now") gave me the impression she was happy to see the back of us. It was also more expensive than the barbers. Maybe she was having a bad day but the response above to the OP makes me think she probably was happy to see the back of us - don't worry we won't be back!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I see a few of these posts are from a few years back, but it is interesting/sad to see that I also suffered a similar experience just last week, which I felt I wanted to share:

My son is coming up 1, and has a full head of hair (has had his fringe trimmed 3 times already).

As a local mum, Little Clipper was obviously the first place I thought of when thinking about booking his first haircut - well, I shan't be doing so now!

Admittedly, it was an afternoon in half-term week when I went in to enquire about the cut, but as soon as I opened the door, I wished I hadn't - the first 'greeting' I had was "Erm, do you have an appointment? Excuse me, I said do you have an appointment?"

My reply "Sorry, no, I just wanted to come in and ask about getting my son's first haircut".

Lady in the salon: "You need an appointment to come in, and buggies aren't allowed".

I appreciate that the space is small, but I am not sure how a salon specifically for toddlers & children will not admit buggies! I suppose I should have realised it wasn't encouraged, trying to get it up the awkward entrance step!

Anyway, as I said, I appreciate that she was having a busy day, but to speak to a potential client like that just isn't on.

No Little Clipper for us.

• 11 months later...

This place is soooo bad. Please avoid. Super expensive and bad service. They cut very bad also and very little . The hair cut is only 15 minutes slot but she does the job in 5 min, and the service is terrible and very bad done. They have this ridiculous prices: -a trim , more than just a trim ????? what is this ? i just wanted a hair cut  for my son . i paid almost 30 pounds and for some reason his hair looks longer than  before and all uneven . I would do it better my self . She was on a hurry to fit more just a trim people . Very unqualify hair dresser . i think she is used to  "trim" 1 year old babies with no hair .... i can  not believe that people in the area used them and allow this.  I felt so stupid after paying that money for that service ...Now I have  to go somewhere else. When i told her if she can cut a bit more she said no...she just gave shape to the hair... not cut the lengh ..... she was also very bossy and acusative.... This place is incredible really.

• 3 months later...

I also had an awful experience there last month. The hairdresser started cutting my child’s hair before even knowing what kind of cut we wanted, and when I started to say what I would like, she said that she knows what she’s doing and just continued. They were also incredibly rude about the fact that I’d brought a buggy with me, and had no patience when my child started to get even a little distracted. Just very unfriendly.