Toddler's World at Crystal Palace Sports centre

dullwitch

Hi,

I just thought I'd share my new find. I visited the Crystal Palace Sports centre today and they have a Toddler World playgroup from Monday to Thursday, starting at 10am.

It costs ?3.85 for non-members.

It reminds me quite alot of the Baby Gym that used to be at Camberwell leisure centre, except that it is full of very new, clean equipment and musical instruments.

The staff were really friendly and there was lots to do for little one.

The place was REALLY quiet, there were only 3 children playing, and would have been more fun had there been more people.

So if you're looking for somewhere new to go, I would definitely recommend it.

There is also a cafe there, which is ok - not many high chairs though.

bli Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you know what age range it's for - I have a

> just 4 year old who really misses the Camberwell

> gym, but who might trample on too tiny ones!

I think a 4 year old would be happy there too, it's a very big space. Also it's light and airy as the ceilings are so high and lots of windows.

There are also pop up goals to kick balls in and trampolines etc.

I went to this yesterday morning and there was hardly anyone there! Really nice space - activites are very similar to Camberwell baby gym, although there are specific activites for older childern (it caters for 4m - 5yrs). There are 3 balance beams, asymmetric bars, vaults etc. Not much in the way of trampoline (one small trampet). All of the equipment is clean and new and top quality gym equipment. The best thing though is that they have 2 trained gym instructors there who also take classess for under 5s at different times and they were lovely and very engaging with the kids (my daughter is 3.5). ?3.85 non-members/ ?2.85 members, and you just turn up (10 - 12, Mon - Thurs).

• 1 month later...
I have been going here for the last couple of weeks and love it. I was there on Monday and they had removed all of the gym equipment which meant there wasn't much for the older kids to do. However after speaking to the manager he had promised that it would be put back asap and I was wondering if anyone had been yesterday or today and could let me know if the gym equipment is back in use.

I went last Weds and was very disappointed (had been many times previously) because the main gym equipment was not availble for use, on the other hand it was not safely stored away! All the kids were running around the back of the beams and bars, there were springboards leaning against the wall etc and I thought it was unsafe. A number of us raised concerns at the time, which were met with general shoulder shrugging.

Apparently the beams, bars etc are only out because the CP gym club operates the evening before. Since it's not on on a Tuesday night the equipment is not out. Odd. And not sure about older kids - my boy is 2 and loves hanging from the bars and walking along the beams.

Hope they sort it out soon as it's not worth the money for a bit of soft flooring and a few toys!