Driverless Cars..?

DulwichFox

Sharing economy should be a great thing. AirBnB was about letting out a room, or house, when you don't need it. Now commercial letters are using it, which (I understand) has driven up rents as you can get more renting by the day, and is not in the spirit it was designed for.

Anyway my take from a few articles I have scanned and my experience in looking for places in a Spanish City.

We've used Air BnB a few times and it's been a mixture... a couple of places were privately owned homes or holiday homes, others were obviously a commercial operation. I've no problem either way, but I think the platform should make it more obvious which is which.

• 2 weeks later...

The brave new world may be a little further away:

California regulators ordered Uber to remove its self-driving vehicles from the road on the same day that the company?s vehicles were caught running red lights ? violations the company immediately blamed on ?human error?.

?It is essential that Uber takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of the public,? the California department of motor vehicles (DMV) wrote to Uber on Wednesday after it defied government officials and began piloting the cars in San Francisco without permits. ?If Uber does not confirm immediately that it will stop its launch and seek a testing permit, DMV will initiate legal action.?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/14/uber-self-driving-cars-run-red-lights-san-francisco