football sessions for a 6 yr old?

sillywoman

Little Kickers do classes for 5-7 years (called Mega Kickers) on Saturdays at the community centre on Darrell Road. This group is on from 12.30 until 13.15ish, the coaches tend to go on for a bit :)). My son has been doing Little Kickers since he was 3 and thorougly enjoys it. The coaches in ED are really nice and good with kids. Good thing also is that Little Kickers play all year round (not just term time) and during the winter they practice inside. In the summer and/or when the weather permits they play outside. Check out http://www.littlekickers.co.uk/signupdetails.aspx?venue=East%20Dulwich&Fran=27&area=Southwark&day=7.

JAGS do a drop in session ?3 a time. Not sure of the timings but my little ones who are 3 and 4 go 11-12. We found it a bit better than Little Kickers as Darrell Community Centre is so small the kids crash into each other all the time. JAGS is a really big space and Danny the coach is lovely

Will check out the Jags sessions. It's close to us, I like that it's drop in and that it's ?3.

Did try footballmagiccoaching Bellenden Jo but at ?10 a session(!) it's out of our price range - I don't think we're talking the next David Beckham here, just a little boy of 6.

Little Kickers, hmmm maybe, I have a non-specific aversion to them that I just can't put my finger on, but if Jags doesn't work out I may give them a go.

Thanks everyone.

The sessions at Jags are on Saturdays and Sundays - 9am - 10.30pm outdoors for about 4.5/5yrs old to 11/12 (they divide them up into age groups) and then at 11am - noon indoors for littler ones. It is drop in and is about ?3/?4. I probably should know more as my husband coaches there and we would take our little one but now he sleeps at that time so will be going back as soon as he's through that phase.

Snowboarder - we took ours along to one 11-12 session when he was about 18 months and although he couldn't follow instructions (fat chance!), such as sit on the red line, put the ball on your head etc - Danny was very happy for him just to run around playing with all the balls and it was really good fun and we joined in too! The sports hall is massive and so plenty of space for them all.