Antique walnut table ?100

CaraJennings

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• I do all that, I wasn't expecting a hard copy as well, I'm just annoyed at the delay. And I'm concerned in case my postal vote is equally delayed. I can't remember why I have one, unless I applied during the Covid era.
    • I think this is a local issue, but admin  please move to the lounge if not. Boundaries have changed, and my bit of East Dulwich (or possibly all of East Dulwich?) is now combined with Lewisham West. According to the Get Voting website (see screenshot below), this  is such a safe seat for Labour that tactical voting is not necessary. I do wonder whether it will turn out to be as safe a seat as they predict, as many people I know who used to vote Labour can no longer bring themselves to do that (for reasons which are definitely a lounge issue!). I think many people in our area may vote Green, and I'm interested to know people's thoughts (I'm not asking for individual voting intentions, unless you are happy to divulge them!) The Labour candidate is Ellie Reeves, Rachel Reeves' sister.
    • White stuff soon to disappear 
    • There was a consultation which provoked a huge response - 98% vehemently opposed to the proposed extension - after which GALA apparently decided to withdraw the application, citing issues with other promoters not being available, or some such reason.  I suspect that Southwark would have happily given them the licence even with such opposition. They don't seem to care that every year GALA fail to uphold all the conditions they have set for the licence, and just give them another the following year with the same conditions.  I'm afraid I get really annoyed with all the 'let people have fun' & 'they want a pretty place to dance' & 'it's really well organised' comments. If the punters that go had even an iota of respect & consideration for the park then fine, but they really don't. The amount of litter dropped is staggering - fag butts, filter tip tubes, ring pulls, bottle caps, disposable vapes - and it isn't cleared by GALA's 'waste management' team (as promised - again), so it's still all there - go and have a look. And I've said before, if you haven't witnessed the anti social behaviour that goes on around the site for the whole weekend up close, then I don't think you're in a position to comment on the effect to the local community. I personally saw men & women openly p*ssing in the park, on the streets & pavements around the park, one group having a nitrous oxide party in the street opposite our home, and chucking the canisters into the park. To say that the repair work is looking good is massively missing the point - it shouldn't need any repair work! It's a public park!! It looks like a building site in the middle of summer when it should look like a park! Where people can sit and enjoy the nature & wildlife, not try to pretend it's not really a rubbish tip.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In