Can you attach a Maxi Cosi car seat to a Maclaren buggy?

Sanne Panne

I have a Maclaren Techno XLR buggy and wonder if I can attach a 0-12 month Maxi Cosi to it (a new Isofix type). Looked for click-on adaptors online but couldn't find any, maybe I'm not entering the right search terms... I know it's possible to put the buggy in the lie flat position and "secure" the car seat with the hood (forward facing) but that just doesn't feel stable enough for longer walks. Does anyone know there are adaptors that will work for Maclaren and Maxi Cosi?

Alternatively, does anyone know if there are any cheap and compact frames that you can click the car seat onto? That you can buy without pushchair seat etc, so just the frame? (of course I can buy a cheap second hand Maxi-Cosi-compatible pushchair and get rid of the seat but that seems a bit far fetched)

I have had a Maclaren and a maxi cosi car seat and wasn't aware that the car seat can safely fit on the pushchair. To the best of my knowledge the maxi cosi isn't designed to fit maclarens but I'm sure if you look on the kiddicare website or maybe ask in mothercare they can point you in the direction of a frame that could accommodate it.

Hi Sanne Panne. I think you have a phil and ted? You can get an adaptor to attach a maxi cosi seat to it, though I've never done it. Also Im not sure it's worth it because your little one won't be in that car seat forever. I don't think you can do it with a Maclaren, but it would be brill if you could.

jadal, indeed, the way I once put it on there (improvised) was definitely not safe. And thinking back, it was actually the M&P Primo Viaggio car seat from before we switched to the Maxi Cosi so I'm talking nonsense anyway.

edanna, I do have a P&T :) but never bring it with me in the car - we have the Maclaren in the boot pretty much permanently and in some cases it would be great to have something to stick the car seat onto.

Molly, great idea, I may see if I can find that frame second hand somewhere. Just hoping to find something cheap and most importantly compact as we already have that Maclaren in the boot too (for when we need to walk too much (or fast) for our toddler to keep up) and as we won't use it too often.