UPDATE - trumpet found

Shalalee

Thank you to the person who handed it in to Croydon Police.

Hi,

I know this is slightly out of area but this is the best forum for this sort of thing so taking a chance.

My son left his treasured trumpet at a bus stop (Newlands Park on Sydenham Road, Stop H) near Sydenham Station yesterday morning, Monday, 23rd Jan at approximately 8.20am. When he went back for it it was gone, but apparently a white male had picked it up and asked the woman in Costcutter on Sydenham Hill(immediately behind the bus stop) to take it in. She didn't want to take responsibility for it, so the man said he was going to take it to Croydon Police Station. We have contacted them and several other police stations, as well as called into all shops around the area to no avail.

Was this you? Can you offer any information about who this person might be and where he may have taken the instrument? The woman in Costcutter was assured that he had good intentions and was aware that it probably belonged to a child.

The trumpet is irreplaceable as it was a hand built 'prototype' one-of-its-kind and a gift to my son from the musician who built it. We wouldn't be able to prove it's value to an insurer. My son is an amazing jazz trumpeter and plays every single day. He is devastated by the loss.

The trumpet is in a khaki green soft case with a keyring with 'Moon' family crest on it attached. Obvs I am kicking myself that it wasn't adequately labelled, which it was until the tag recently broke off.

I am offering a ?50 reward for its safe return.

Please PM me.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Daisy