-------------------------------------------------------

>

> STOP PARKING WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T AND YOU WON'T GET

> A TICKET YOU UNFUNNY TEDIOUS @#$%&.

---------------------------------------------------------

Simple, really ?

No, I ran a shopfitting business that predominately operated in the West End

I employed 14 people full time & may other contractors

Hand on heart I can say that Traffic wardens "Predated" on us, to such a point it eventually became violent & out of hand

I paid on average about ?600 + per month on tickets for parking "Violations" like tyres over lines or bumpers over bays and of course I fought them all, but the admin killed me

So eventually after a massive police VS parking warden blow up & for the stress alone, I dissolved the company

Sadly, the revenue generated by the borough is more important than the business operating within it

I have no tolerance for them, in fact I dispise the tactics they employ ( & many are illegal )

Bring back the " move on please " GENUINE police force controlled "traffic warden" & the rest can rot in hell

W**F

She won*t have it woof, 'they' never do...I was just about willing to pay the 6 mins in a 5 mins zone whilst picking up my kid from nursery as after all technically that's right but the 3 totally illegal ones I've not paid I've had to face their brinkmanship and ever increasing legal threats and rely on inde[endent witnesses who said they'd back me in court in 2 cases and documented proof in the other.....I don't get any compensation for being threatened with baliffs and the time I have to take to right back...but according to Rosie et al we're all just Jeremy Clarksons. They are bandits and deserve all the crap they get IMO as they reap it on themselves with their banditry

Oooh - The strength of the drink on ryanair these days...

The only time i have ever succeeded in an appeal against these people was in a bus lane outside Kings when dropping lovely wife off in "l"abour and I still had to write 3 letters to avoid the charge. Had to then provide birth certificate of child born later that day before fine was dropped.

In the end think Rosie is just about right - if you mess up you pay. Unless you have a VERY good excuse.

6 parking tickets in 30 years all in the past 6 years, 4 illegal....mmmm. I've no problem with paying a fine if you break the parking law )and both of mine were mine that were legal were just minutes over the limit but that's the law - just has to work both ways. Stop sucking up to Rosie.

I got a parking ticket last year in Camden on a Sunday afternoon, found a space in a set of bays, had a good look around and found there was no 'pay and display' sign or meter to be seen, just one restriciting loading on the yellow line next to the bays mon-fri. The bays across the road had a pay and display sign which I thought a little odd but left it, came back to a parking fine so I took photos of the lack of signs, etc.

Appealed the parking fine and they sent me a photo of the 'pay and display' sign they claimed was there, using streetview I matched the sign in the photo to one further down the road on the opposite side of the road. No matter appeal rejected, so I paid up, wasn't happy about it though.

A week later I was going past the same spot so I deicded to get out to have another look, and there was a brand new 'pay and display' sign on a pole in front of the bays I parked in, with the concrete still wet. Now that's taking the p*ss, rejecting my appeal by saying there was adequate sinage then putting up a new sign after the fact. I later found out that it is common pratice to reject the first appeal automatically as most people will give up then.

Sure if you're in the wrong fair enough, but some of their tactics are pretty low.

Well, I think it's hilarious.

Can the next one be about misunderstandings with South Asian bus conductors? That'll give me a hearty laugh.

If we could have something about Muslims struggling to eat through their burka, that'll make me weep with laughter.

What about some hysterically funny stuff about trying to order from Chinese restaurants?

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

but

> according to Rosie et al we're all just Jeremy

> Clarksons.

No, numbnuts, Harry and Paul are Clarkson in disguise. You're, like, way hotter than Clarkson and you wear altogether better jeans ;-)

My point is about the hysterical "they're all out to get us" mentality that the Parking Patewayo sketches espouse. I expected something a bit more intelligent and a little less Daily Mail from Paul Whitehouse is all.

Parking wardens who target you illegally? B@stards. Parking wardens who target you absolutely legally? Suck it up.

Kiwi, the first appeal always gets rejected, that's standard. You have to continue to contest it, and eventually you'll get a hearing scheduled in some sort of mickey-mouse court. If you have hard evidence then you'll win - although I gather that by the time you get to this stage, the council often give up and you win by default.

Unforuntately illegal/unscrupulous/predatory traffic wardens are a reality!

I've always wanted to see someone, with enough cash and their own lawyer obviously, pursue a parking warden for fraud or somesuch for issuing an obvious illegal ticket. That'll make the buggers sit up and take notice.