Experiences of 3d/4d scans

Sally81

Just a general thread for anyone who wants to share....

I am having a 4D scan on Saturday because am desperate for another peek at bubs. Hoping for the sex not to be given away though...but just want to see the face, see if there's any hair..that kind of thing.

Who has had them? Was it a good experience?

I have a photo too but think it looks like lord voldemort from harry potter. Husband loves it and thinks it looks like Z (tsk - he's being weird and soppy). Not sure how much you can see when the baby is bigger though? I had a scan at 38wks last pg and it was hard to identify anything!!

We had a private scan at 16 weeks to find out the sex, the clinic that did the scan also sell 4 d scans, they switched on the 4d images and gave us lots of 4d piccies, far better quality that the usual grainy ones and nice to have. The sonographer at Kings then gave us 4d pictures at the 23 week scan - I understand there is a window that is the best time to have it done, before the baby is too big but late enough that it actually looks like them - think its early 30's in weeks! The baby Bond website details the timing recommendation :-)

We had one done at about 27 weeks and I was really pleased we did, little one came out looking just like her picture and it gave me an image to cheer me along in the last long bit of being horribly overdue! A lot of people said to me that they foudn them really spooky tho.

Kxxx

I've had one with Babybond both pregnancies, told me should be between 27-29 weeks to get the best images. My son looks exactly like his pics and his sister looks exactly like him! It was when I've really 'bonded' with the little wrigglers inside me, I'd recommend it.