Bad 2 Dog Owner Brenchley Gardens (killed fox in private garden)

stringvest

Thanks civil servant. I did not say "ingrained ...".

Thanks everyone. Thanks for checking nun.... I thought causing unnecessary suffering was an offence. I think its ok to put pigeon/bird netting up as a deterrent/preventative measure but not so birds can suffer entanglement and slow death? So the offence is the "dangerously out of control" and not the suffering?

JUST TO BE CLEAR for phlox and jaywalker: I was visiting my friend in Marmora Rd. There was a horrible commotion in next doors garden. I looked out and thought some foxes were making a horrible noise. The noise and affray got worse and I saw it was dogs. Neither my friend or her neighbour have dogs. By the time I had knocked next door and got back to the scene the two little dogs were killing the fox in my friends garden, I suppose it had tried to escape further and been chased further. The dogs were not on leads and had come from Brenchley Gardens. They ignored the woman calling them for over half an hour. She would not retrieve them. I had to try to boot them away from myself and the fox. They kept coming back and taking turns snapping, yapping and snarling, the fox was both screeching and wimpering as they took chunks out of it, off its face, ears, all four legs, bottom, jaw. I sat with the fox in the drizzle waiting for the RSPCA to collect it. I was worried it would drag itself off, but it couldn't even do that.

Dogs are pets. We have domesticated them for our own fun, company and occasionally practical purposes. They are overgrown puppies. That is why they bark in excitement. Adult Wolves are generally quiet and hunt prey. Dogs have generally had this bred out of them.

Sadly as adorable as they are (I grew up with dogs in the house) some people seem to keep them for more sinister reasons. As far as I know there are no hunting dogs kept around here.

Now cats, you are their pets and they still hunt, even if only to bring you a trophy back.

HELLO NUNUNOOLIO Thanks I did see message, but not sure what to do about it. I will have to speak to my other half, who has been too unwell to delve into this with me.

I wasn't sure whether to get involved with the police or how that would help the "authorities" ....

Been totally ran off my feet, and not always on the net. Please leave with me. Sincere thanks.

Hello. Sorry Ive been ran off my feet and at hospitals "overnight". I did get message, spoken to other half, he said there's no point bothering the police etc, and spending further time filling out statements, as nothing will come of it as usual, the whole thing is depressing (as are other things at present). I just wanted to warn locals that these dogs are about and be vigilant if they have animals/ pets / kids in their gardens.

Thank you for your help.

That's a shame stringvest, there would be no need for you to have to make a statement, your initial post is more than adequate for that. It will just carry more weight to my report if I include the name and contact details of the complainant. Southwark are currently compiling reports of such incidents in the borough over the last 12 months to help prepare for a public spaces protection order, which they are hoping to implement.