ECV - what is it actually LIKE, please?

Fuschia

Also did it work...

Been inpatient with twin II who was ambulanced to hospital for a second time with breathing problems, while there had my 37w obs appt, bbay is unstable lie, was transverse, 9ow breech so booked for ecv

D on't really have much time even to try other methods, having a sick child atm

I had two ECV attempts. They didn't work for me, but apparently the chances are much higher if it is a subsequent pregnancy (it was my first). It was quite uncomfortable, but you can ask them to stop if it doesn't feel right. There is a woman at King's that is known for being good and gentle at ECVS - maybe Dr. Jain or something like that?

Worth a try! I would think they would wait a bit longer as isn't there a chance that they might flip him/her now and then they flip back on their own accord? Did they say when they would do ECV?

I had it with my first pregnancy... It was a bit uncomfortable but not painful, although I did feel a little battered the next day. The consultant was very clear about stopping any time that it hurt and did it quite slowly and carefully (not that it worked!).

As someone said above, it has more success with subsequent pregnancies and there seem to be people who have a skill for it and others with much less luck.

Hope the baby does a flip of his own accord soon.

I had one at Kings with my second pregnancy (3 months ago) as my little boy was breech. Didn't work but was also 5 days overdue at that stage (breech was missed by midwives and doc!) - ranged from uncomfortable to holdng your breath painful but that's prob cos it was at such late stage. Dr Jain was there for mine but had bad shoulder so couldn't do the procedure (its quite physical!) but there was a lady chinese doc who was also lovely and yes you can stop at any time. Don't think I would do it again though - esp at such a late stage - you prob have more chances of it being more comfortable and successful at earlier stage...

Good luck!

I had one, first pregnancy at 37 weeks, for me it was really painful and unsuccessful - I personally would never do it again and so wouldn't recommend either.

My baby (born by planned c section at 39 weeks) had the cord wrapped around her neck three times!! So she wasn't going to move and maybe why is was soooo painful?!