Recommended GP for a new mamma?

rachaeln

I think if you do a search for 'Doctor' or 'surgery' on the forum you'll get a fair few reviews of many of the GP practices round here.

I've only got experience of Melbourne Grove which I would say is fine. Nothing to rave about but equally nothing has bothered me enough to change surgery. Biggest issue is that it can be a nightmare to get through on the phone to get an appt. I don't often get to see the same doctor, they seem to have a lot of locums but I've never had a problem with their care for me or my 3 children. Not sure that's much of a recommendation though! I have heard/read a lot of good things about the Gardens, they might be worth a look if conveniently located for you.

I would go for something that is closest to your home, I'm a midwife working in the area and find that like all GP's everyone has mixed reviews on waiting times for appointments and things. If you or your new baby is sick it will easier if its not a long distance to travel.

Sel doc is also a great on call GP service that are based in the east dulwich hospital on east dulwich grove who would be able to see you out of hours or if you can't get an appointment

x

We're in Montpelier Road and have used Queens Road Surgery on Meeting House Lane. Their new surgery is far nicer than the old location on Woods Road and I have found them very good for appointments during my pregnancy and with a newborn now toddler. We've seen the same nurse for every vaccination and I'm able to request my preferred doctor - all very good for continuity of care.

• 2 weeks later...