Free Ikea Breim clothes rail -- GONE

Padders

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• KARTULI - GEORGIAN CUISINE AND WINE Restaurant review, found this on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkgIki4fm0    
    • I can't really comment on the general West/East/Village discussion.  It's all out of my price range, and like others I expect, we moved here when the area was much more affordable and dare I say much of it 'ordinary'.  But was thinking exactly the same as New Wave regards to SE23 as a place to live, and convenient for SE22 etc for visiting including buses and an easy cycle.  You have hills of course in Forest Hill but this adds to the charm (and from a lot of places the views). At the edge of Forest Hill you have the best pub in the country, the Blythe Hill Tavern.  Pubs can get better, and can get worse, as they do everywhere, including Forest Hill, but the Blythe is consistently great for the craic and the beer (no restaurant but the pizza van comes at weekends).
    • Forest Hill area around Manor Mount/Horniman gardens...Or Off of Honor Oak Rd good transport Links (Overground and Southern to London Bridge)  decent Bus Routes (P4 goes past Dulwich College and into the Village). Very easy to get to Crystal Palace park Horniman Gardens and museum on the doorstep Horniman Triangle kids playground Dulwich Woods and Dulwich Park and riding school in walking distance. A few decent pubs and again easy to go to Peckham, and ED for good resturants. A few excellent coffee shops where you can get lunch. Theres a brilliant Thai resturant (Matoom) and a very good Japanesese (Sushi Garden) and 2 family friendly pubs/bars that serve good food (The Signal and Sylvan Post). a fantastic butcher, a couple of Deli's and a Sainsbury for all the other 'stuff' There is also a local pool and small gym We've lived in this area (Near Horniman border of Lewisham and Southwark) for 13 years having moved from Notting Hill. It feels very safe and is family friendly..We were originally looking to buy in Dulwich but did'nt want a small victorian terrace we got more for our money here and have been very happy.
    • Indeed Alice, but the traffic illustrated and those affected by it really don't count; they are examples of necessary collateral damage in the council's fight for the 'greater good'. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In