Which is the best GP surgery in ED to be with when pregnant?

james84

EmmaG Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oakwood Midwives at Forest Hill Road are

> wonderful. Dr Scorer there is wonderful. Other

> doctors variable. Rude, unhelpful receptionists.

> Exceptionally rude nurse practitioner. Poor

> administration.

Ha! Couldn't agree more about drs and receptionists! Such a shame as the midwives are fab.

Another vote for Oakwood midwives - they're fantastic. The GP's at the affiliated surgery on Forest Hill Road are all ok apart from one who is verging on imcompetent. HV's are unhelpful and the receptionists are grumpy.

I am with Melbourne Grove and was impressed by midwife service when pregnant last year so I guess it's swings n roundabouts as I know that surgery gets a lot of bad press but I find it OK (aside from the 'nurse call back' arrangement). My friend is with the surgery on Forest Hill Road and stayed with them even when she moved as she thought so highly of the doctors there so might be worth registering there? Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not impressed with melbourne grove. I found the midwife there really nice, but didn't really help with advise on the pain and discomfort I had during pregnancy. Wasn't until I went to hospital before I gave birth that they tested me for thrush.... Something so simple that many pregnant women get. Would of made my pregnancy and relationship easier. Going to see health vister there, seemed to be a waste of time too. And don't get me started on my 6 week check, had loads of discomfort after..... went to see them 7 times. all complete waste of time! Now move to the doctors on crystal palace rd.... my advice, move doctors, it's stressful enough without that on top!

I am not very impressed with the overall care at DMC these days and it seems I always need to make a complaint to the practice manager to get an appt when needed, or a repeat prescription sorted

I also got really mucked about by the lanes who took me off their list and never booked me after appaently leaving me messages I never got ehile not getting my messages to them (and not responding when I called in tears bleeding after a car acident in the second trimester) I notice they have a sign up atm saying their message system isn't working so guess that hasn't changed!

i had a bad experience with the DMC last year so swapped to The Gardens but the midwife there is dreadful so avoid!!!! Having just finished antenatal classes with a few ladies who are with the Oakwood and the Lanes midwives I suggest you def try and get in with one of these, its a minefield understanding the care you should be getting so good luck!