Family Room Xmas Drinks?

Yorkie

So I was re-reading the self-esteem thread and it seems to me like we'd have much more fun getting to know each other with a glass of wine in hand and someone else minding the baby. Let's have a night out! Are your diaries already full of festive frolics or can we squeeze a Friday/Sat meet-up in somewhere? 10th/11th Dec any good?

I'm not available that weekend either, but keen in principle. Is a Thursday or another school night out of the question? Or I could do Friday 17th? Or this Sat (4th)? Obviously won't be able to choose a date that works for everyone, so if 11th/12th has more momentum stick with that!

So that's 3 for next Friday? Any advances? Ruth, come & drink a

St Clements with us!

I'd rather do a Fri/Sat night as OH will do the morning after wake-up and I just can't work with any kind of hangover these days but could possibly try (to drink less) a Thursday if better for more folk?

Meant to add, Kateland offered the adventure playground for a family meet up, which might be a nice way of socializing with kids for those who are looking for more friendly/familiar faces at other groups etc. Maybe something to look at in the New Year.

I love the idea of the adventure playground, but with a just 2 year old suspect I'd spend more time leaping after her to prevent death defying leaps etc rather than sitting chatting!!

Doubt I can make 10th/11th - how about 17th/18th or that week in run up to Christmas? Yorkie when do you finish work for the holidays?

Molly

Indeed, I was thinking adventure playground more for a family get together. My 16th month old does not stop so my conversations are always half shouted across the room as I try to prevent her escaping from wherever we are!

I'm finishing work on the 17th, OH is not working Xmas Eve for the first time since we've been together so for once we won't be driving up the A1 on Christmas Eve. We're off Oop North on the 22nd but am tied up really the days before.

Shall we bump to January? I'm happy to go out next Friday but I think 3 of us is too few considering the potential for colds/babysitting/poorly babies scuppering mother's plans!

Having been to the main EDF drinks last month I highly recommend it to anyone in the family room looking for a night out in good company. I did know a few people there already which helped, but everyone I spoke to was lovely, it's a very friendly welcoming atmosphere.

I plan to drag at least a few of you with me once I'm back in the UK!