Running group?

LadyBird1977

Hi,

I'm new to the area and looking to start running again after a 6 month hiatus. Can anyone recommend any groups? Or does anyone fancy a running partner, or maybe a few of us could run together?

I've seen park run but don't quite fancy committing every Saturday morning to an early start. Plus it helps my motivation if I've promised someone I'll be somewhere. I could easily ignore the clock for park run :)

Thanks,

Ashley

Hi Ashley a small group of us run on a Monday morning at 930 from Dulwich Park usually, through the woods when its not too muddy. We are pretty slow but you are welcome to join us. we run 5-6 K usually unless someone is injured. Coffee afterwards is virtually mandatory!

Let me know if you are interested,

Louise

Just off for a run to Brockwell park

Hi Ashley, you could try Good Gym Southwark. They meet at Old Spike roastery, Peckham Rye on Wednesday evenings, run as a group, complete a task and then run back. It might help with your motivation and avoids the mornings! See www.goodgym.org for details. But if you can get up on Saturdays I highly recommend Peckham Rye parkrun :)

I don't know if our group may suit? Meet 10am every Saturday outside the Rye caf? in the park.

We are a varied bunch, some run, some power walk. We stop every 3-400 metres to do resistance exercises so the stop/start might bother you.

PM if you want more details, it's all led by us and a coffee at the end encourages bonding...